Patches?

I have one of my polo shirts with the National Registry AEMT patch attached that I wear when I teach. It's more of a joke; however, because I can tell the paramedic students that their instructor isn't even a paramedic.

On a side note:

The NRAEMT patch is rather interesting. They brought back the rockers and did something interesting with the style. The NR Paramedic patch has always had glittery, gold material in it, hence the common term "disco patch."Tthe AEMT patch now has silver glitter in it. So, the registry has sort of an Olympic theme going on. The EMT patch is traditional red, white and blue, the AEMT silver and the PM gold. Rather amusing.

128f7e14.jpg

Edited by chbare

That is amusing indeed. Hey maybe if we get a Caddy with red, white and orange lights, a Lifepak 5, glass IV bottles and some guys in blue jumpsuits and gold chains with massive afros we can make good use of that disco patch :D

Our qualification patches here are the same regardless of level but they say either Technician, Paramedic or Intensive Care Paramedic

Unfortunately in the early 2000s the national star of life ambulance service logo was dropped from patches and vehicles in favour of huge service logos that promote the "brand" of the ambulance service, shame. Now the "brand logo" appears six times on the uniform shirt but the word Ambulance does not nor does the word Paramedic unless one is a Paramedic or Intensive Care Paramedic. Sad.

chbare,

Nice display, seems to show a lot of history and great memories. So far I just have a sheet of glass

on my desk with some patches and decals under it.

• Like 1

The NREMT issues its own patches however I have never seen a uniform that uses them, most places use the state patch (if one exists) on one sleeve and the company patch and/or American flag on the other one.

We used to have national patches back in the day but have not had them for over a decade now since the new uniforms came out, I would love to return to a national qualification patch like the Police and Fire Service have now that there are standardised qualification titles once again.

When we had our uniform shirts we had the National Patch on the left shoulder unless you were an Iowa EMT-P then you had the State Paramedic Patch (Iowa EMT-P was the NREMT-I/99, Iowa EMT-I was the NREMT-I/85). Then we had our service patch on the other shoulder. Now we have plain polo shirts with name tags with our level on the. Guess the cost of the shirts were getting to be too much so we switched to polos to save money.

I kind of miss our uniform shirts since it did have the patches on them. Most of the services around here don't require you to maintain your NREMT so most people just dropped it. Our service still requires you to maintain it.

chbare,

Nice display, seems to show a lot of history and great memories. So far I just have a sheet of glass

on my desk with some patches and decals under it.

Looks nice, chbare! It gives me some ideas. I'll post a pic of it when I'm done with mine.

Thanks all. I would love to see pictures of your collections/shadowboxes as well!

Not a big patch guy, personally. Although I did submit my own designs when the state was accepting submissions for new state patches (didn't get picked).

I'd rather have a nice polo with my name and certification level stitched into it and a company logo on the breast over our current button ups with the service patch on one shoulder and state patch on the right. I feel like such a goober in those.

Also, Chris, nice display! Definitely a lot of history there.

Here are the patches I have received over the last 10 years or so - shown in chronological order from top left to bottom right. None of them are currently worn on my uniform.

IMG_5959.jpg

Edited by scott33

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.