Letting the cert go...

Eydawn

It does not. For "new" certification, you must get your NREMT. If you expire past your grace period, you must get your NREMT again. I let the NREMT lapse, because it's a friggin' racket. I may have to get it again soon though... we'll see.

Good idea though, Richard!

Wendy

CO RN-ADN Student

Just as a followup, from the NYC Regional Emergency Medical Service COuncil (REMSCO)...

Event Information:

Title : NYHQ 6 Sunday EMT RAPID Refresher Description : New York Hospital Queens Emergency Medicine Education Center is offering its Exclusive 6 Sunday RAPID EMT-Basic Challenge Refresher for the August 16, 2012 NYS written exam. You will take a challenge exam and only be required to attend the classes that you need to best prepare you to pass the NYS certifying exam. However, you are welcome to attend as many lectures and/or skills sessions (at any of our locations) as you would like. There is ample parking and a bus stop across the street. NYHQ students and alumni receive exclusive discounts on uniforms and equipment. Class days: Sundays 10:00 am. Challenge Exams: June 17, 2012 @ 10:00 am Tuition: Free if you are affiliated with a NYS EMS agency, $350.00 for all others. Includes CPR Course and card. Don’t just complete your refresher, learn from it! NYHQ Education. A Better Experience. A Better Education. Host : NYHQ Education Address 1 : 163-15 46 Avenue City, State, Zip : Flushing New York 11358

Date Information:

Date : 6/17/2012

Contact Information:

Organization: New York Hospital Queens Name: Emergency Medicine Education Center Phone Number : (718) 661-7900 Email Address : EducationCenter@nyhq.org

Me, again. This is the New York Hospital of Queens, the former Booth Memorial Hospital.

Thanks, Richard!

Sending in my paperwork today. We'll see if the EMS gods still like me!

Wendy

CO RN-ADN Student

Looks like the EMS gods still favor my presence in certification land... I am active until June 2015 as a Colorado EMT-B!

WOOHOO!

Lol. Guess I couldn't let it go after all...

• Like 1