erathkuake's protocol

I would say to stick to ICS. In the event of an earthquake resulting in major damage, services of all kinds will be relying on the aid of allied agencies to assist in the disaster mitigation efforts, and ICS is the national language when it comes to disaster management. You don't want to rely on a protocol that allied agencies may be unfamiliar with if you need to call for aid; and you don't want your system's personnel to have to try and learn multiple protocols for every kind of disaster out there. ICS is something that every agency involved in disaster management should be familiar with, and it is flexible enough to applied to nearly every emergency (except for an alien invasion, in which case the plan is to run and scream and then get zapped).

Edited by Bieber

I am looking for a protocol for the operation of the EMS after earthquake

Protocol's remain the same, triage and transport.

I suspect you are looking for a disaster plan, but I highly suspect you will not find a cookie-cutter plan that will fit your area. I suggest starting an Emergency Measures Operations committee that is composed of fire/rescure, EMS, and hospital staff. Failure to plan, is a plan for failure.

Wow!!!!

Kaisu, I thought you were kidding, so I looked it up. Yep you were right!!!!!!

Forgive me O' Great Masteress

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.