EMS management training needed

I'm looking for an EMS management course. We need to find a program that is 1 or 2 days long, not an on-line course. We have a large classroom available, and federal grant money to pay for it. I represent 18 EMS agencies in our region, and class size should be about 20-30 EMS supervisors, managers, and administrators. Anybody know a good course? Thanks!

I'm looking for an EMS management course. We need to find a program that is 1 or 2 days long

Facepalm

Serious.... 1 or 2 days?

What specific topic do you want covered? The way your post reads, you are looking for a "Manager course" inclusive 2 day deal.

Here in Ab a EMS manger program is 2 years with a prerequisite of being a working prehospital provider for at least 2 years, plus a diploma.

Well Mobey..... The providers in our region have suggested I find a management type "seminar" geared to EMS. There is nothing locally, and I'm about googled out. I have to spend this grant money soon, and all the agencies are tired of the PHTLS,AMLS, PALS, ADLS, BDLS and any other alphabet cards I can think of courses. Here in Louisiana we also have the degree courses, but I'm looking for a 2 day workshop type deal.

Something along those lines. Those of us oldtimers rose through the ranks, were promoted up, but received little in the way of management type training. I've been to a few conferences and seminars, some good... some not so good. I have even planned a couple of conferences, but I'm having trouble trying to find a course or speaker that is geared towards EMS leadership. What I want to do is have a 1 or 2 day educational/motivational seminar for our area EMS leadership. Team building might work, if it is geared towards EMS.

You could hire Steve Berry [i'm not an ambulance driver} to come and give his presentations. He does some excellent motivational and thought provoking educational programs.

He covers a wide variety of topics and is a gut busting laugh at times, as well as sure to bring the tears at others.

• Like 1

I don't know if he does multi-day presentations. But that's an excellent idea.

He was here a couple years ago and did 4 different presentations in addition to being the speaker at the annual banquet.

His classes varied from laughing at ourselves and how serious we were ,to a really deep look into our souls and how we deal with death and destruction every day and the effects it has on our long term health. All of his presentations had plenty of his cartoon work involved.

He made you take a look into the deepest closets of your mind and to quote him "LIGHTEN UP" it's not your emergency.

Google Fitch and Associates. They are based out of KC MO I believe(I think they are still out of KC)

Good group. I don't know if they still offer seminars or not.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.