seriously WTF

runswithneedles

Yes he did. I had been on running on fumes the entire day and for one unknown reason or another that PCR set me off on a very inappropriate tirade which I later deemed unprofessional and needed to be removed.

But, but, but I'm unprofessional and I'm still here! :D

Im just sick and tired of getting reports that dont tell me squat of why the patient needs an ambulance, whats wrong with him

There is not going to be a sentence written in huge big letters that says "we called the ambulance because ...." because you're an after thought to the Physician, you're probably only being called because you're more medically trained than Pranoosh the Cabbie who has a Masters Degree in structural engineering or some crazy shit and its not medically appropriate to transfer somebody who is thrombolysed and heparinised or loaded up on fluid, insulin and potassium in their auntie's car or in the back of a cab.

Now, lay the back seats of my Jeep down and shove 'em n there, viola, pop on some red neck music, smooth ride bro, smooth, not, they'd probably try to escape.

Start looking through the medical notes that are sent with the patient; the front bit of paper should be the admitting note or transfer sheet or something; look for something under the heading or column of "Imp" (impression) "Dx" (diagnosis), problem list or issues.

If you receive a verbal handover from the Physician or Nurse, you could always ask them too.

Tell you what, I'll handle the hard medical stuff and you can drive Big Al? :D

Start looking through the medical notes that are sent with the patient; the front bit of paper should be the admitting note or transfer sheet or something; look for something under the heading or column of "Imp" (impression) "Dx" (diagnosis), problem list or issues.

If you receive a verbal handover from the Physician or Nurse, you could always ask them too.

Tell you what, I'll handle the hard medical stuff and you can drive Big Al? :D

I do. It varies by facility the quality of the report and the distance travelled. If its grandma georgina going to nursing home I aint going to get squat except and ambulance necessity form, face sheet, and maybe a one paged H&P (if im lucky two)

And nurses see us they scatter like cockroaches after flipping the lightswitch. I cant flag one down before they barricade themselves into the med room. X-D

If it does not say on the face sheet or ambulance necessity form and you need a reason or diagnosis or something then ask the Nurse or the Doctor.

And nurses see us they scatter like cockroaches after flipping the lightswitch. I cant flag one down before they barricade themselves into the med room. X-D

Thanks for reminding me of the cockroaches in my old apartment, you prunk :D

Same with bringing or taking a patient - when it comes to getting him over onto the stretcher, they (read: some) just seem to evaporate into thin air.

But since in most cases, it`s no emergency one has time to just wait till they show their faces again.

I`ll just wait on the corridor and look them right in they eye when they try to scud away from me.

Then, after a while, they think themself save and come along - only to find out I haven`t yet done anything, for we had no help getting the pat. of the stretcher.

Unbelieving, they tend to ask: "Haven`t you done that yet?", following me dryly saying: "Well, you`ve just got here, haven`t you?"

Makes them pissed (not that I would care ;) ).

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.