ACLS exam friday

What is the passing grade in order to acquire your ACLS card from the AHA

What is the passing grade in order to acquire your ACLS card from the AHA

Really? You? Don't be a dork!

You have the book, all the time in the world to study, if you're willing to accept anything less than 100% then I spit in your general direction! (Not sure if you're old enough for the reference)

If you fail it, they will walk you through the test and explain your errors and let you take it again, and if you fail it again they will do the same thing again, and if you fail it that time then they should actually performing ACLS on you at that point as you're simply to dumb to support a heartbeat.

You're not dumb, so stop worrying about something as simple as that. And really, really don't do the wanker thing of "What's the shittiest that I can do and still get one of those certificate thingies?"

ACLS is going to be one of your most often run emergencies...yeah, in most places it will dwarf the numbers of traumas, yet that's what everyone gets all juicy about, right?

Don't learn that book to pass this test Needles, learn it because you're going to use it A LOT! And it's important, and any competent medic should be able to run those scenarios in his/her sleep. The test isn't your goal, the test is your benchmark. Use it to tell you whether or not you 'get it.' If you fail, be grateful that you were stopped before walking out with a head full of shit that you thought was education. If you pass, well...that's you're job, isn't it? What do you want, a kiss on the lips? (Perv)

Get into the book, learn it, understand it, bring your questions here until you do, and then take that REAL knowledge out into the world and do good with it..Oh, and in the meantime give them their money and go pass their silly test.

You're welcome.

plus if you fail the test Runswithneedles then come on down to my neck of the woods and you can take the test open book. Yep, we dummies need to take the test open book like. yes in my area we are dummer than 5th graders.

Plus sometimes we just play ACLS jeopardy, oh wait, that went away when the old ACLS course coordinator retired but we still do the test open book.

But if you do fail runswithneedles, I will personally come up to your parts, take the ACLS book and use it to beat the ACLS knowledge into your head and then make you take the test again and again over and over until you can answer the questions in your sleep.

Edited by Captain Kickass

Its not that I dont know it. Nor I havent read the book. My temp instructor (my usual one was gone for emergency) and the class had conflicting numbers as what was passing. This is my favorite part of the human body is cardiac so I know I will do well since I have practiced the algorithms in my sleep (yes I was dreaming of mega code scenarios)

BOOYAH!!!! I sliced through my megacode like a hot knife through butter and flew through my exam.

• Like 1

Congratulations.....I have hard times with written exams, just a "mental" thing I have to work my way through. I blew through the megacode, which was what worried me going into the course. Flying through that was cool (I volunteered to be first one at the megacode).

Edited by dstevens58