wages

I've only had 2 offers so far and both were for $9.25/hr. Assuming full time this would give a yearly pre tax total of around 17.5k. Dollars. After taxes maybe 1200 dollars a month. I live on less now. Barely. I read the average for EMT-b's was 12-14 dollars per hour in the US. And since it was on the interwebs it must be true!!! That's Indiana for ya:)

In all seriousness, I have an interview in Lafayette tomorrow for which I retain high hopes. If they offer me 9 bucks and change an hour I will be a sad panda.

I was being paid about 36K per year at my last full time gig.

You get what the market will pay.

Union will of course get ya more.

I do know of non-union medics getting 50K but that's few and far between.

Yeah emt-b here (e.c.a for us) is about 7ph,averaging maybe 15kish per year...summit like that....

What band on the agenda for change that doesnt end up in your pocket are the ECAs?

I cannot believe the UK, the tend worldwide is towards upgrading people at the base level not completely deskilling them bloody hell

A paramedic here is about 55000 NZD and intensive care about 65000 NZD

intensive care are our ALS and a paramedic is the old IV/cardiac technician on steroids with a bachelors degree

I was being paid about 36K per year at my last full time gig.

You get what the market will pay.

Union will of course get ya more.

I do know of non-union medics getting 50K but that's few and far between.

Here we are non-union and non-FF. We have decent working conditions, good benefits, good public safety retirement, and an outstanding schedule's (48 hours set schedule a week, no ROTATIONS).

Starting pay for a zero experience medic BEFORE any extra OT ( 8 hours is automatic a week) is about 41 k/year. A medic with 10 years prior experiance is right around 50 k a year starting. It goes up from there.

SO, not every place sucks. .... In fact, the pacific NW of the USA tends to do pretty good for medics.

The wages I saw above in the 7-10/hour range is pretty typical for an EMT, but what do you expect. It is a 3 month -6 month course, and there are amillion "schools" (I use that term loosely) turning out a million new EMTS every chance they get, telling them all there are a ton of jobs out there.

Its a tough world, and its tough to get your foot in the door at a good career service. Pay your dues, work some shit services and work hard to build up your resume and your reputation. In other words, work hard for what you want , get your medic if you can, and it will eventually ( several years or more) come to you. But not immediately. Too many high school kids expect to make 50 k by age 21, it aint gonna happen.

Edited by croaker260

We are just under $80k CDN/yr for a Paramedic level 1 in Ontario including shift premiums etc. That's generally average for mixed urban/rural areas. Some of the bigger urban centers like Toronto area are making a little more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.