A very usual end of life transfer transfer. With an unusual feeling

runswithneedles

Why did this one hit me and not others?

I truly hope that this wasn't an anomaly but rather a change in how you will deal with your patients in this situation. I know that working in a rural area, I have hugged my fair share of patients and patients' family members. At the end of a hard shift, I look at that as a gratuity for 'above and beyond' and would not trade for any of them.

With my move to the clinical setting...I hope that I don't lose those opportunities. For some reason, it's verification that I do still have the human contact in this business.

Toni

I truly hope that this wasn't an anomaly but rather a change in how you will deal with your patients in this situation. I know that working in a rural area, I have hugged my fair share of patients and patients' family members. At the end of a hard shift, I look at that as a gratuity for 'above and beyond' and would not trade for any of them.

With my move to the clinical setting...I hope that I don't lose those opportunities. For some reason, it's verification that I do still have the human contact in this business.

Toni

You gotta admit it is easier for you chicks to pass out hugs! I wish I could give more.

You gotta admit it is easier for you chicks to pass out hugs! I wish I could give more.

Point taken, señor. Point taken. :hug: