USA Reciprocity

Siffaliss

I can't get your post to quote for some reason, so you'll have to try and follow....

I get pissy when I see people taking bows for shit that they've not earned, and implying that they are 'greater' than they actually are. Plus, being pissy is just sort of my nature.

I never once implied greatness. I simply said I had options available to me and plan to explore them. Sorry if you don't.

I've assumed nothing. I've got several good friends from here that do medicine in Canada, and a couple of days experience listening to them speak of their scopes of practice. You can crow all that you want about the options that your someday to be finished education is offering you, but sometimes you've gotta get real. That is what my post was about

The EMT-P scope in this province is higher than that of yours from what I understand. Again, sorry if your choices haven't led you to where you want to be.

There is no question that you created accounts and ran up your popularity points. We've got posters here that create amazing posts month after month that haven't done that in years, yet we're supposed to believe that you're just so much more awesome that you did it in a week? Bullshit. Or that you were a victim of someone running them up without your knowledge? Double bullshit. And again you try and lie your way out of it, I didn't benefit from that, nor anyone else that I'm aware of. Good try, but it just aint gonna fly.

Unlike you, my life doesn't revolve around what happens here Dwayne. Whomever did it obviously had time on their hands, and I could care less.

And yeah, it's been a few years, but that's not nearly long enough for me to forget that you defended it. I would have forgotten in the next week had you simply said, "Yeah...I kind of went off into the ditch." But to continue to lie about it shows issues with your self esteem and morals. Own it and it goes away, continue to pretend that you were simply a victim of people loving you to much and it will stay forever. I could care less either way.

I seriously have no idea who did it or why they did it. There were a few people who ended up with many more of these oh-so-important popularity points you keep rambling on about, you were one of them. Ask admin to look into it if you're still so concerned, so you can quit dwelling on something so insignificant and get on with your little life.

See, you go again to the 'medic-head' shit instead of addressing the issues at hand. This has nothing to do with me competing with you. You're not out of school yet. I've been blessed to have done things, and you're only just bragging about the things that you may do. Again, your assumption that I'm offended by you because I feel that your awesomeness somehow diminishes me illuminated your arrogance and self delusion. I felt that my post was pretty clear, yet you ignored the obvious points.

I have several great options available to me now, and even more so when I'm done school. Never once said I was awesome, just that I'm happy with where I have the ability to go now AND even more so in the future. Sounds like you're jealous of someone who currently has less education and experience perhaps having more options than you.

And I hope that nothing stands in your way. I truly wish nothing but happiness, peace and success for you. Again, you try and deflect by pretending that in some way I'm attempting to block your access or success, because that is the easy, bonehead argument. Nothing could be further from the truth.

Never once said I thought you were blocking me in any way. You just seem upset that I can go places. Not sure why ... Shouldn't people be happy for those with good opportunities instead of getting mad at them? I'd be happy for you.

My hope for you is that you'll back up a few steps, take a breath, get real and do the things that you need to do to succeed. You arrogance, excuse making, deflecting of anything that you find uncomfortable....perhaps you can succeed with those things firmly in place in your personality, but I've known few who have. I wish better for you than that.

Dwayne

I am doing the things I need to succeed Dwayne, although I keep forgetting to report my progress to you in a timely fashion. I think perhaps you're the one with the arrogance here. I don't run from things that make me uncomfortable; perhaps in my younger years before I got a backbone ... Let me tell you something about me.

Something about me:

- sounds corny, but when adversity hits and takes me down, I roll with the punches after my 5 minute mope and get back up again

- I don't sit around feeling sorry for myself when something goes wrong in my life, I do something about it

- I run with my successes and learn from my mistakes

- when I want something and have set my sights on it, I work hard for it and I goddam get it ... nothing is for free

I've yet to apply for registration or take a serious look at moving to a different country, so there's still no guarantee for me if that makes you feel any better. Possibilities are there, so please stop being jealous or mad or whatever it is you're doing. Just be happy someone can be successful by working for what they want.

Edited by Siffaliss

if i was in your position i would seriously look at Queensland Ambulance Service as they do not work 12 hour shifts and the weather/beaches up there are awesome they also have a good scope/guidelines look here http://www.ambulance.qld.gov.au/medical/pdf/CPM_Complete_31Jan12.pdf

You could also look at Ambulance Victoria but they do 2 x 12hr days 2 x 14hr nights and have had a few problems with suddenly taking on a thousand new Paramedics who are damn near all under 21 to make their numbers look good for the Government. Clinical Practice Guidelines are here http://www.ambulance.vic.gov.au/Paramedics/Qualified-Paramedic-Training/Clinical-Practice-Guidelines.html

Should you want to come to New Zealand look at WFA (Wellington); two days 11 hours then two 13 hour nights; much smaller than St John so very friendly culture less PC bullshit 2011 guidelines here http://wfa.org.nz/resources/Comprehensive%20Nov%202011%20final%20-%20low%20res.pdf

In NZ you'd make Paramedic without much trouble and get up to Intensive Care Paramedic without much trouble I'd imagine

Ahhhh....there's the petty, deflecting, Siffalis that we've come to know, if not love. I knew you were in there girl!!!

I might believe more of that crap if we didn't know many people in common....

And I notice that you continue to fail to answer the questions about school? How's that going again? Perhaps we can explore that before you get all excited about how jealous I am of your life, your scope of practice, your opportunities over mine?

Again, some of us have actually done and completed things, you need to really questions the reasons that you believe people to be jealous of you as the only reason to criticize you....You've not really done so much Babe....Perhaps there's other reasons that people might bring shit to your attention other than wishing they were you?

Yeah, I didn't think that you'd be able to see any other options...

But whatever....good luck.

Dwayne

I have an American dad (no relation to the infamous Stan Smith we see on TV), and a Canadian mom. My dad moved back to the US after being a 1) landed immigrant, then 2) permanent resident after 9/11. He never gave up his US citizenship and moved back in 2005.

Sorry, I am a little confused with this. Is your Dad a Greencard holder or a US Citizen?

Are you aware that he is the one who will need to apply for the I-130 visa on your behalf? Also, your age, marital status, and father's status can make a difference to processing times.

http://www.uscis.gov...000082ca60aRCRD

Edited by scott33

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.