Texas EMT's?

bleve

Ill definitely get back to you on the final numbers for the drug count. wouldnt be surprised if he gave me the total number of the drugs not the different kinds. And for that I do apologize

• Like 1

Are there even 50 kinds of commercial narcs on the planet?

Mike, it's a terribly valuable, yet all to uncommon trait to be able to say, "Oooops, I may have stepped on my weenie...let me check..My bad for speaking out of turn."

The above post is perhaps the most important in this thread.

And yeah...either you misunderstood, or your buddy is jerking your chain...I don't think any hospitals carry half that many narcs/benzos combined....but, I'd have to check to be sure. :-)

Dwayne

I have heard medics in texas say " My doc will almost let me do surgery in the ambulance" as a statement that his medical director turst his competency. Some of those protocol extentions seem pretty fantastic.

Ill definitely get back to you on the final numbers for the drug count. wouldnt be surprised if he gave me the total number of the drugs not the different kinds. And for that I do apologize

They do have a lot of meds but not near what he told you. There is close to 100 meds carried on the ambulance including the controlled medicine. They have about 10 meds that are control and must be kept under lock. I no longer know anyone there so I can not get a current list for you. Keep in mind they are a small very remote location where nearest help is more than an hour away.

Remember every thing in Texas is bigger, including the tall tales.

@DFIB The great thing about Texas is services with a good active medical director all levels receive more education and thus are allowed to do more to benefit the patient prior to getting them to the hospital. There are also a number of services that practice a treat and release program rather than transporting all patients. But there are also some medical directors that really just make the ambulance be not much more than a mode of transportation.

• Like 1

I do need to correct my statement. I called him a few nights ago and I was informed they carry approx 5 different narcs and approx 50 different medications for other uses. He added up all the ampules, vials, and pre-filled syringes in both the truck and restock kit. My apologies. :bonk:

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

We carry about 30 meds with only 2 being narcotics in a small rural town in south Texas. I also have GREAT medical directors who I can contact any time day or night without pissing them off. As long as I present my patient and situation in a way that demonstrates I know what I'm doing they would probably approve anything. When I became a medic they showed up on some bad scenes until I think they decided I was competent.

Ah the great nation of Texas where if your medical director says you can do brain surgery by God you can do it!

I dream of the day I get my big cowboy hat, hip pouch of suxamethonium and can blast Dixie Chicks music on the way to a job in my huge ass Ford F450 ambulance .... ah wild wild west ambo

Say, any y'all know any single Texan chicks? :D

Edited by Kiwiology

Ah the great nation of Texas where if your medical director says you can do brain surgery by God you can do it!

I dream of the day I get my big cowboy hat, hip pouch of suxamethonium and can blast Dixie Chicks music on the way to a job in my huge ass Ford F450 ambulance .... ah wild wild west ambo

Say, any y'all know any single Texan chicks? :D

Follow your dream. A little schooling and you might could achieve a lot more than the hat.

• Like 1

A little schooling and you might could achieve a lot more than the hat.

I agree, the University of Texas Southwestern Medical Centre at Dallas has a fantastic anaesthesia program

Anaesthesia - the ABC speciality, airway, breathing, cowboy hat :D

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.