Highly dangerous drugs stolen from FL Paramedics

Happiness

My understanding, from the short article, is that the fire/rescue vehicle would in fact be a fire truck, but an unsure of that. Yes drugs like those are supposed to be behind a double lock. Meaning that that box or container they are in must be locked and then that is placed in a locked cabinet.

Someone knew what they were looking for and where it was kept. Oooohh. The paperwork that this creates. Paperwork revealing the loss to the state and then to the DEA. I wouldn't want to be in their shoes.

I believe JP's comment was a bit tongue in cheek.

Yep I understood that but If I was going to steal the RSI kit, I'd be stealing it for the ketamine. But maybe those who stole it prefer the paralytic to the ketamine!!!! Who knows.

Well, there was that RN in Florida who gave pancuronium instead of pepcid with predictably results.

I also know of a nurse that gave Sux on a doctors orders but he didn't expect her to give it to the patient in the radiology department and then leave the patient on the gurney wating for the xray tech to arrive. After 20 minutes of waiting she went back to check on the patient and the desired result had been achieved.

After reading the long article the RSI case was stolen from a medical supervisors truck and later returned to a different Fire station after the news was disseminated.

Talk about dodging a bullet!!

• Like 1

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.