What should I be reading?

Just Plain Ruff

Oh Captain, my Captain.... I am currently in the middle of Lies My Teacher Told Me...what did you think?

OK- I'll add this to the string. I'm currently in the middle of Steven King's 11/22/63. It's a story about a guy who found a way to time travel back from 2011 and try to change the events of that day- in other words, stop the assassination of JFK. Along the way he also tries to change a couple other horrible events that happen in his hometown, and come back to the present day to see the impact of his actions. Interesting read-going from present day society to that of the late 50's and early 60's, and all that it entails. The story deals with how one simple change causes the butterflly effect, where many things can be impacted just by your presence.

So far there is no trademark King "horror" or ghoulish stuff in the book- just some odd turns, a provocative plot, and a couple graphically described killings. Time travel is not exactly a new concept, but nobody tells a story like this guy- rich details, he has the language and phrases of that era down pat, as well as many things we no longer see- gas station attendants that check your oil and wash your windows, and the prices of everyday items like cars, furniture, and food. He talks about the segregation of that era in the south, what folks were worried about, and the issues of the day.

Long book, but worth the read so far.

I'm reading the same thing... and am about 60% into it. I want to shake the hero and say... look - Kill Oswald, take Sadie with you through the rabbit hole and fix her face already...

I am totally enjoying it.

I'm reading the same thing... and am about 60% into it. I want to shake the hero and say... look - Kill Oswald, take Sadie with you through the rabbit hole and fix her face already...

I am totally enjoying it.

LOL Yeah, somehow I'm thinking they will end up together in the end. We'll see...

I've always loved King-one of my favorite books of all time is The Stand- unabridged version, of course. I've read it at least a dozen times.

As for this new book- awesome.