Learning how to do a good PCR.

EMTDenny

Only if the ALS provider signs the document. I frequently intercept a BLS service and I refuse to sign their call reports because I am not the care provider of record and by signing their call report I am affirming that I agree with the treatment provided. Problem is, I never witnessed it. I make my own call report documenting the call from the point that I intercepted, including my assessment findings at that time...not the assessment findings of the BLS crew.

Edited by Arctickat
  • Like 1

PHCR is easy just use the KISS system and put in relevant information (not in any order)

* Hx and patients details (Name, DOB, Allergies, Meds etc)

* Mechanism of incident and position of patient in car etc

* Signs, symptoms and injuries

* treatment given, drugs and fluids given and results

* times for all interventions (and if it means syncing watch to dispatch each morning....so be it)

* transport rational (urgent, helo, delayed etc.....)

* extrication time..

all other stuff ie, deptors details etc are good to get but not inportant with the continued treatment of the patient

we also don't need to put in the "Joe said this and I did that" rubbish people write on PHCR's, only write what is relevant. If some thing is said that is relevant tot he treatment and care of the Pateint then put it in the PHCR, otheriwise dont waffle on with crap that is not needed....

Writing PHCR's is a skill that everyone learns as they do them, you are never expected to write the 'perfect' PHCR on your first attempt.

helps if you have a Electronic PHCR as they normally wont let you continue until the required fields are filled out.

Edited by craig

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.