EZ IO needle replacement

How many are using the EZ IO drill and are you having a problem getting the company Vidacare to replace expired needles on a 1 for 1 swap out as they promised when they were promoting the benefits of using their product.

I would suspect as a business decision they know that the IO needles aren't going to be used that often so they don't see the cost benefit of replacing the needles 1 to 1.

I would suspect that they won't replace them on a one to one basis.

No cost benefit to consider if that was the promise that they made when selling their product. If the swap is part of the promotion then swap they should.

Didn't ignore your post Island, it's just that though I've used them I've never been involved in their replacement, so have no information or offer..

Dwayne

I wonder if there is a process to take back expired needles, re-sterilize them, package and then send them out again. I imagine the FDA might have something to say about that particular practice.

When the Vidacare reps promoted new system to us that is exactly what they were promising to do. Take any unused/unopened needles that had gone out of date and replace them with sterile needles on a 1 for 1 swap. When we asked about the high price of the needles and having to buy in packages of 5, it was thought that the smaller low volume depts might be wasting a lot of expired equipment.

Now it appears that they have had a change in corporate policy.

I was just wondering if anyone else is getting this response from them.

When the Vidacare reps promoted new system to us that is exactly what they were promising to do. Take any unused/unopened needles that had gone out of date and replace them with sterile needles on a 1 for 1 swap. When we asked about the high price of the needles and having to buy in packages of 5, it was thought that the smaller low volume depts might be wasting a lot of expired equipment.

Now it appears that they have had a change in corporate policy.

I was just wondering if anyone else is getting this response from them.

Yep, the sales reps talk a big talk most of the time just to get a sale but if they didn't provide it to you in writing the company will just say "they didn't have authorization to say that" or some crap like that.

Again, cost benefit analysis and even though the rep promised it, they don't have to honor it.

IT's like a run report, if it isn't written down it didn't get done. If the promise wasn't in writing then the promise wasn't made.

I'd suspect that enough people gets on the company for just that type of practice that they will change their toon but maybe not.

We use the EZ IO, and in fact I got to use it yesterday for the first time on a code blue. As for how it or any of the other wonderful tools find their way into our supply lockers, that's above my pay grade...

We just recently got out EZ IO and haven't had the occasion to use it yet. I will inquire as to what our agreement with the company was when we bought it and get back to you.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.