NREMT-EXAM(How many times we can retake?)

Hi,i recently finish my class Emt-B and it took me a little before i was able to sing up for the exam,now i took it about 3 weeks ago without success,we have to wait another 2 weeks before aply again....wich is a bummer cuz is hard to keep it fresh,alot of imformation to retain,now in the wait for another try,(second attemp) hope is the one and pass it for my own sake,any sugestions on what method works to study on line and more straight forward?

Frustrated EMT-B from Wa

Go to EMTB.com and take the registry review. Also, I bought the EMT Cram Plan made by cliffnotes and I passed 2 weeks ago. I posted some tips on NREMT success at the NREMT and other tests section under education. Hope this helps. Best of luck

Well aren't you productive there Dwayne. You must be some life saving, spell checking, grammar correcting, high speed guru. I'm pretty sure they were looking for advice, not a proofreading. With all that knowledge and experience behind you, I am sure you can find some resource that you could give them to facilitate better success with the NREMT, but your first language curiosity for personal enjoyment takes precedence I guess. By the way, I am pretty sure its busting your balls, not you balls.

Hmmm. Just thinking that most classes I take that are followed by an exam, the instructor tells us, on day 1, when the exam is going to be, or it's in the sylabus (spelling? my spellcheck is down).

...Well aren't you productive there Dwayne. You must be some life saving, spell checking, grammar correcting, high speed guru.

Wow, awesome holier than thou rant hotshot. Actually it was a sincere question. We get people from all over the world to this site. Often they are criticized for their spelling and grammar before anyone discovers that English is not their first language. It was an honest, and prudent question.

...I'm pretty sure they were looking for advice, not a proofreading.

Should you choose to give such a poster 'advice' without also explaining that being able to spell, punctuate, and capitalize is vitally important to being able to succeed in this business, then you are just talking out of your ass.

I notice that you passed the NREMT on your first attempt and now feel qualified to explain to everyone 'The' way to pass it. You're arrogance at your level of EMS is astounding. Just because you believe that all you need to do to participate in this business is pass one of the simplest tests ever, doesn't mean that that is the case.

Not everyone understands that the career that they chose will allow you to train for it without expecting you to be proficient in the things that you actually need to succeed in it. You're need to kiss the posters ass instead of helping to educate them is cruel, and unfair, and certainly unproductive.

...With all that knowledge and experience behind you, I am sure you can find some resource that you could give them to facilitate better success with the NREMT, but your first language curiosity for personal enjoyment takes precedence I guess. By the way, I am pretty sure its busting your balls, not you balls.

And I'm 'pretty sure' that I wrote 'your' and not 'you.' Perhaps your reading comprehension is part of our issue.

There was nothing enjoyable about the question, as stated above. And I do have excellent resources for passing the test. It's called EMTBasic training. If this person can't pass the test after passing the class, and seems unable to form coherent sentences then knock yourself out sending them to test prep sites all day long big guy...that's not what they need and it's not going to get it done.

Something else is broken and without knowing what that is there is no way to help. Didn't they teach you that in your hotshot Basic class? Assess and then treat?

How about if you do something in EMS and/or post something worthwhile on the City before you try and stomp your feet. You'll look less silly.

Dwayne

Edit. After posting I notice that you are in the Army. If you've been deployed then I thank your for your service and am truly grateful that you've helped to keep the boogyman out of my families back yard. Unfortunately that doesn't change the fact that your post, though perhaps good in spirit, is completely off in the ditch as far as being truly kind as opposed to actually unkind to the person needing assistance.

Edited by DwayneEMTP

Wow, awesome holier than thou rant hotshot. Actually it was a sincere question. We get people from all over the world to this site. Often they are criticized for their spelling and grammar before anyone discovers that English is not their first language. It was an honest, and prudent question.

Even though I wouldn`t fancy being criticized for my language, I wouldn`t mind a few tips when I`m really off the track, just to expand my language capabilities. ;)

Even though I wouldn`t fancy being criticized for my language, I wouldn`t mind a few tips when I`m really off the track, just to expand my language capabilities. ;)

Hell, I can't think of a single time that your language has needed correcting. Your grasp of multiple languages is inspiring to me...

Unfortunately there is a belief in much of US EMS that if you can pass a test then you are a 'professional provider.' It's often difficult to convince some that you can be a douche on an ambulance simply by passing a test, but if you want to be a professional then spelling, punctuation and grammar are really important.

Your one of the posters that I really look forward to reading. Your posts are always kind, open minded, intelligent and curious...I'm grateful that you're here brother.

Dwayne

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks a lot, man!

Sorry for the late answer, my laptops crashing down every five minutes nowadays. Guess I have to buy a new one soon, the old one is already eight years old, I understand that that`s a proud age for a laptop.

Thanks a lot, man!

Sorry for the late answer, my laptops crashing down every five minutes nowadays. Guess I have to buy a new one soon, the old one is already eight years old, I understand that that`s a proud age for a laptop.

8 years old? Holy shit...I've got bad news brother, that's a desktop that someone mistakenly sold you as a laptop. First sign...you shouldn't need a wheelbarrow to move your laptop... :-)

How ever often you can post man, you're always worth the wait.

Is it just me? Or is anyone else disappointed that EMT-22 wussed out so easily? That's not the Army that I know and love...

Dwayne

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.