New medic and new to the City

Iowa Medic

This is a fantastic site filled with knowledgeable providers and endless amounts of experience. I have literally read the first forty pages of both the patient care and general discussion section of the site. That said I have been a basic for about ten years, in the world of hyperbaric medicine for 8 years and just recently finished my A.A.S to obtain my paramedic degree.

I can't list the number of things I have learned from the site over the last couple of months but the threads on glucagon for anaphylaxis or the debates over oxygen toxicity/crashing our patients as we destroy their hypoxic drive. (one of my personal favorites given my hyperbaric background)

Have you guys heard of IN glucagon?

I have to be honest I have been a bit hesitant to dive in to the patient care as most the scenarios I find are all but answered but I can't thank everyone enough for their expertise and willingness to share their experiences.

By the way Dwayne, I would have dropped the IO as well...

(my poor attempt at humor but absolutely would have dropped the IO)

This is a fantastic site filled with knowledgeable providers and endless amounts of experience. I have literally read the first forty pages of both the patient care and general discussion sections of this site. That said I have been a basic for about ten years, in the world of hyperbaric medicine for 8 years and just recently finished my A.A.S while obtaining my paramedic certification.

I can't list the number of things I have learned from the site over the last couple of months but the threads on glucagon for anaphylaxis or the debates over oxygen toxicity/crashing our patients as we "destroy" their hypoxic drive have been my favorite topics thus far (hypoxic drive has been one of my personal favorites given my hyperbaric background)

I have to be honest I have been a bit hesitant to dive in to the patient care as most the scenarios I find are all but answered but I can't thank everyone enough for their expertise and willingness to share their experiences.

By the way Dwayne, I would have dropped the IO as well... Have you guys heard of IN glucagon?

(my poor attempt at humor but absolutely would have dropped the IO)

edit: Unfinished when posted and needed to clean up grammer

• Like 3

Awesome first post Brother! And not just because you had the right answer to the I/O question.. :-)

I'm really glad that you've decided to post. As you've learned there is a ton of bullshit here, often times unfortunately created by me, but if you can stand it, just let it fall away, then there is so much amazing work/career/medical information here.

Judging from the presentation and tone of your first post I am confident that you will be a great resource here..

Thanks for participating!

Dwayne

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.