Treating minors

Haven't thought of that... I did contact the EMS director ... shall we say, cranial-anal impaction.

Hey, everyone, thanks for the input!

Yea contact the Med Director more so then the EMS Director. The Med Director is your local agencies contact and makes all the protocols for the area. If anyone can give guidelines it will be him or her. Plus with them onboard there is a nice continuity of care in place because the Director would be able to provide you information as to what your team would be required to perform before EMS arrivial.

I occasionally do non squad coverage and I make a call to the director explain whats going on, my level of certification (which gets verified of course) and within a few minutes we have a game plan established that we are BOTH comfortable with. I will say I have never been head or supervisor of any of these things only an extra pair of hands but I still CMA.

FYI must be nice to be in a state where Good Sam Laws apply to certified responders. Where I am the day I was liscensed I lost that privilege. One of the reasons I CMA whenever I am not with my regular squad.

Yea contact the Med Director more so then the EMS Director. The Med Director is your local agencies contact and makes all the protocols for the area. If anyone can give guidelines it will be him or her. Plus with them onboard there is a nice continuity of care in place because the Director would be able to provide you information as to what your team would be required to perform before EMS arrivial.

I occasionally do non squad coverage and I make a call to the director explain whats going on, my level of certification (which gets verified of course) and within a few minutes we have a game plan established that we are BOTH comfortable with. I will say I have never been head or supervisor of any of these things only an extra pair of hands but I still CMA.

FYI must be nice to be in a state where Good Sam Laws apply to certified responders. Where I am the day I was liscensed I lost that privilege. One of the reasons I CMA whenever I am not with my regular squad.

Sorry to go off topic, but Ugly, as an EMT in NYS you are covered by the Good Sam laws as long as you are acting in a volunteer capacity but you will be held to the level of your training.

Edit: Here is the link

Edit #2: Appologies to Ugly, since he's in NJ, NYS law obviously doesn't apply to him. My stupidity. Back to your regularly scheduled thread.

Edited by ERDoc

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.