Is the City of London Really This BIG ?

crotchitymedic1986

It is not a matter of how big the city is, it is a matter of the fact they work very little overtime, shorter shifts and have scheduled beaks/meals even as a 911 responder. Therefore a larger work force is required to accommodate those schedules. (So I am told) :)

It is not a matter of how big the city is, it is a matter of the fact they work very little overtime, shorter shifts and have scheduled beaks/meals even as a 911 responder. Therefore a larger work force is required to accommodate those schedules. (So I am told) :)

Scheduled meals and breaks? Are you kidding? Sounds like they work in a bank, not an emergency service.

If those are really their benefits, then it certainly sounds like the remaining workers could pick up some slack.

I wonder what their salaries are in comparison to those on this side of the pond.

Scheduled meals and breaks? Are you kidding? Sounds like they work in a bank, not an emergency service.

If those are really their benefits, then it certainly sounds like the remaining workers could pick up some slack.

I wonder what their salaries are in comparison to those on this side of the pond.

Dang, I was going to move there and start to work as a medic there but the job I was going to want to get seems to be in the 890 that are going away.

gonna be much harder to get a job over there now.

While not doing the look-up, we had a discussion here about 2 years ago, where a U K crew, possibly London, not only didn't take a patient to the ER, they brought the patient back to their base, in the ambulance, that their relief crew could complete the transport, as it was the end of their tour. I don't recall if the assignment was emergent or IFT in nature.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.