Experience VS Paramedic

What is your opinion?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Should I go into Paramedic classes right away or get experience with being an EMT First?

• Be an EMT for a while to get some experience
    • Become an AEMT to get some advanced skills
    • Become a Paramedic WHILE being an EMT
    • Become a Paramedic WITH OUT being an EMT

Only in the sense of honoring a favorite "Dust-ism" which is...."are you hot?"

Oh, AK... it really like old times here. It's good to be back........................

Where is Dust anyway?

Carl.

Too late. :) I'm no longer "school age" and am no longer in my 20's (although I pass for it). Which is kind of where the push and pull comes in. I currently work 40 hours a week and attend classes part time, in addition to being a mom who decided to never get married. (I hate the "single mom" moniker as too many use it as an excuse or a pity ploy).

To put it this way, I'll still be in my 30's when my son graduates from High School.

Does that change anyone's perspective?

-MetalMedic

Edited to correct grammatical error.

Don't let age be a huge factor in your decision. Some of the better medics (IMHO) coming out of school are a little gray around the temple. They have good life experiences behind them. ;)

I'm a little confused by the name Carl, the description of male, yet you use the term, "Mom."

Not judging, but don't get if you're trying to be funny, or misleading or if perhaps there is a new movement of single dads wanting to be known as moms? Maybe gay terminology? Hell..not sure, but would like to understand.

Dwayne

I'm a little confused by the name Carl, the description of male, yet you use the term, "Mom."

Not judging, but don't get if you're trying to be funny, or misleading or if perhaps there is a new movement of single dads wanting to be known as moms? Maybe gay terminology? Hell..not sure, but would like to understand.

ROFL!

Carl is not the OP. Two different people. :P

thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif

As far as I know I'm neither transgender nor, indeed, the OP. That was Metal Medic.

Going somewhat off-topic here: I am however confusing things. I am better known here as WelshMedic. However, for lots of reasons (like being on forums on 3 different continents) I have decided to revert to my real name. So there.

Sorry, now on-topic.

Are you in the loop now Dwayne?

Carl.

Only in the sense of honoring a favorite "Dust-ism" which is...."are you hot?"

If I wasn't hot, I wouldn't be a mom. :):dribble:

Dwayne

OMG I had a great laugh at that today. I'm not sure where you got the name Carl, cause I've never even posted my real name. If you look at my profile you can clearly see I'm a woman, both by gender indicated and profile picture. If not, then I need some plastic surgery. LOL

And no, I've never been a man. LOL. For some reason when you repond to my posts, you kept calling me brother. I just assumed you called every one brother (Like in A Clockwork Orange).

Thanks for all the insight everyone, the EMT fire lit in me a year ago and I gave myself a year to start EMT classes, however I'm finishing when I gave myself the deadline to start. So I'm ahead of the game.

The struggles you all have pointed out have been noted and understood.

So I'm going to remove my personal dilemmas and let the debate of Experience VS Emt Continue.

-MetalMedic

Edited by MetalMedic

Damn it CA, I was so hoping you were going to be a hot lesbian!

Damn it MM, I'm so disappointed that you're not a hot lesbian! (Or, maybe converted??)

Yeah, so I'm not at all sure how I went so far off into the ditch..but it may have something to do with either the Kennedy assassination or the bogus moon landing.. Just sayin'..

Dwayne

If I wasn't hot, I wouldn't be a mom.

-MetalMedic

LMFAO.....

That is pure comedy right there!!

In all seriousness though.... you're claims are just words, without pics.

• Like 1

LMFAO.....

That is pure comedy right there!!

In all seriousness though.... you're claims are just words, without pics.

Sexist, insensitive perv!

You should be banned....just sayin'....

Dwayne

Edit: :-)

Edited by DwayneEMTP