How to lose your job by IO placement..

Johnboy

Anyone else know of situations of Paramedics losing their jobs because of unjustified IO placement??

No names please, just situations.

Thanks

JB

Now you really are talking stupd

Anyone else know of situations of Paramedics losing their jobs because of unjustified IO placement??

Define "unjustified". Do you mean, somone decided to place one in the appropriate spot for no apparent reason? ...or... It was placed for reason but not in the appropriate spot?

Your question alone leads to some type of gross negligance...

Toni

No I don't disagree but what I take umbrage is that you started this thread as a vindictive way to keep the previous thread going but from a different perspective.

You have nothing more to offer in the original thread other than insults and name calling so to detract from those shortcomings, you post this drivel directly at a single medic on this forum

This is an immature attempt at getting a rise out of others.

I know of no one who has been fired for inappropriately placing an IO line because all mine and my coworkers IOs have been justified.

If you follow your protocols and guidelines then its not inappropriate.

I do know of medics being fired for other things but not what you are getting at.

Id appreciate a intelligent non-name calling response from you if possible.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

No names please, just situations.

Thanks

JB

Define "unjustified". We only use IO's on patients in extremis, not for a routine ALS hook up, so if someone decides to use an IO for a simple, stable abdominal pain patient, for example, then yes, they could and should be disciplined for that.

Losing their jobs over such an error? No way.

Unless I am missing something, methinks you are trolling.

Ahh, johnboy, glad I coaught you, that other thread is getting bogged down and I was hoping you could help me out some more. I'm still struggling with two things

1) How does IN glucagon work better than IM glucagon? The last reference you posted was with regards to centrally acting medications where IN is very handy due to the rapid absorption into CSF and the brain, but glucagon doesn't really fit this model, so I was wondering how it works?

2) How is it that hyopglycemia eliminates even spinal reflexes?

Thanks for your help

Paramagic.

• Like 1

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.