hi from South Africa

Emma_b14

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, that's cool. You're originally from South Africa? What are some of the skills a Paramedic can perform in South Africa? I'm a New York State Paramedic for 13years. I'm a Manager of a Private Ambulance Company.

Welcome to the city! Way cool- South Africa. Never been, and likely will never get the chance to visit.

Enjoy your stay, jump in and get involved.

The closest I get to South Africa is a friend who spent her early years in Scotland, moved to South Africa for about 20 years, and now lives here. She has the most interesting accent you ever heard. LOL

What are some of the skills a Paramedic can perform in South Africa?

Words are inadequate to truly express my disappointment with this question. :thumbsdown:

Heita, Emma! We're practically neighbours... sort of! I've spent most of my life in the USA, but mallie's side were Vallies from Pretoria.

Some beautiful country in Zambia. How about near you? You mining copper? I hope so. Stay away from the Uranium! How often do you get to rotate home from the site?

Thanks for dropping by. I do hope you'll stick around.

Hi all, i'm a female Advanced life support paramedic based in South Africa. Currently working on a mine in Zambia..... been in the industry about 8 years now.

Hey Emma, welcome! I'm excited to get your perspective on EMS, should you choose to participate.

And don't mind nycems9115, he can be a little delicate.

I'd be interested in hearing about the differences in education and scope if you choose to share such things. Plus I've got a friend at a mine somewhere in Africa (Sorry, I'm geographically challenged, so Africa is just Africa to me...) and he loves it as well as finds the medicine challenging at times.

Dwayne

And don't mind nycems9115, he can be a little delicate.

And I am known for being less than delicate, so there is a good balance to be found here! :thumbsup:

Sorry for the tone. Nothing wrong with good SOP discussion. I just detest the penile measurement method of doing so. EMS isn't about "skills" that any monkey can learn. It's about medicine. And the South Africans are a good bit ahead of us in that respect.

Plus I've got a friend at a mine somewhere in Africa (Sorry, I'm geographically challenged, so Africa is just Africa to me...) and he loves it as well as finds the medicine challenging at times.

Does he still come around here any? I see him on the RemoteSupportMedics forum regularly.

And I am known for being less than delicate, so there is a good balance to be found here! :thumbsup:

Sorry for the tone. Nothing wrong with good SOP discussion. I just detest the penile measurement method of doing so. EMS isn't about "skills" that any monkey can learn. It's about medicine. And the South Africans are a good bit ahead of us in that respect.

Does he still come around here any? I see him on the RemoteSupportMedics forum regularly.

This is a different friend, I don't think that you know this one...Thomas? But not sure..

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.