Uncomfortable with cultural issues class

Eydawn

I can understand that but Im not about to let crotchity say something that is just flat out wrong and go unchecked. Homosexuality is NOT a mental illness and i do not care if ive sounded like a hypocrite on this post because thats just wrong. Just because something is not for everyone doesnt mean its bad or wrong.

According to you. But arguing moral relativism is like running in the Special Olympics.

Edited by Dustdevil

I am going to sue every company out there that makes pens, pencils, crayons, markers and any other writing implement. They are all racist against left handed people!

Those items mentioned are not discriminatory towards lefties. The Laryngoscope handle with the blades are. So are the stickshifts in the USA. Why is the fork placed on the right?

Plus, that's not racism.

Edited by NYCEMS9115

Plus, that's not racism.

Could someone explain to me where the "skinheads" and the KKK got the concept that religion is a "race"? I admit being tired of the obvious bigots insulting the "Jewish Race". We're a religion, and there's several so called "branches" of the human race with members who are Jewish, Catholic, Protestant, and others I cannot remember at the hour I posted this (If not mentioned, please don't be offended.)

I am here, all you have to do is say my name three times like beetlejuice. Good point beiber, you are correct, it is sad that this is such a racist country. Now before you all get mad, let me check the dictionary; racist: The notion that ones own ethnic stock is superior.

Most everyone in this room is racist, but can't admit it. Here is a little self-test that I have mentioned several times, but cant get anyone to fess up to. To see if you are racist, ask this question to yourself: If I am white, have i ever dated or made love to an african american ? If you are african american, have I ever dated or made love to a white person ? If the answer is no, you are a racist. Even if you are non-racist enough to have done the deed, you would never admit it in this forum for fear of how you will be judged ? Which may make you more racist than the person that never has.

Furthermore, every guy in here at some point in his life has done the fattest, ugliest chick (of his own race) because he was hard up and drunk, but never seems drunk enough to cross the jungle-fever line (what does that say) ? Fortunately, the women are a little more decerning, as far as number of partners, but just as racist as thier male counterparts.

And please spare me all the comments about how you are best friends with the one AA person at your workplace. You have never had dinner at his/her house, or invited them to yours (at least 98% of you have not).

What if I refuse to have sex with say a good looking black gay atheist male with pschiatric issue? I guess that would make me a racist with anti-gay tendencies coupled with being a religious zealot and a discriminator of someone due to their mental handicap. For the record, I've not had sex with any of the above listed types of people.

Edited by Ruffems

I am here, all you have to do is say my name three times like beetlejuice. Good point beiber, you are correct, it is sad that this is such a racist country. Now before you all get mad, let me check the dictionary; racist: The notion that ones own ethnic stock is superior.

Most everyone in this room is racist, but can't admit it. Here is a little self-test that I have mentioned several times, but cant get anyone to fess up to. To see if you are racist, ask this question to yourself: If I am white, have i ever dated or made love to an african american ? If you are african american, have I ever dated or made love to a white person ? If the answer is no, you are a racist. Even if you are non-racist enough to have done the deed, you would never admit it in this forum for fear of how you will be judged ? Which may make you more racist than the person that never has.

Furthermore, every guy in here at some point in his life has done the fattest, ugliest chick (of his own race) because he was hard up and drunk, but never seems drunk enough to cross the jungle-fever line (what does that say) ? Fortunately, the women are a little more decerning, as far as number of partners, but just as racist as thier male counterparts.

And please spare me all the comments about how you are best friends with the one AA person at your workplace. You have never had dinner at his/her house, or invited them to yours (at least 98% of you have not).

This has got to be the most assinine statement I've ever heard in my life!

RACISM [rey-siz-uhm]: noun

1. A belief or doctrine that inherent differences among the various human races determine cultural or individual achievement, usually involving the idea that one's own race is superior and has the right to rule others.

2. A policy, system of government, etc., based upon or fostering such a doctrine; discrimination.

3. Hatred or intolerance of another race or other races.

By Crotchity's logic, if I go out and bang some black woman, I'll PROVE that I'm not a racist. Seems to me that in the process of proving that I'm not a racist, I've become a mysogynist, and can STILL be accused of being a racist simply because I've used an innocent black woman for nothing more than to 'conquer' my racist tendencies.

I fail to see how this method of behavior proves ANYTHING. Wasn't Thomas Jefferson accused of being a racist simply because he was a slave owner? But yet, he supposedly slept with more than one of his female slaves. Did this absolve him from being a slave owner, and therefore negate the accusations of being a racist? I'm sure there were other slave owners that also took such liberties as well; does this mean that the whole concept of racism is non-existant, since white guys have been banging black women for ages?

And before you pop off with 'Whitey was raping the slaves!', unless you have definative PROOF that these trysts weren't consentual, I suggest that you keep that 'knee-jerk reaction' to yourself.

Rather than solve anything, it appears that his 'test' only creates more opportunity for me to be treated as a pariah, and castigated for my insensitivity.

My biggest question for Crotchity is this:

Do you REALLY belive the garbage you spout on a regular basis, or do you just enjoy 'stirring the pot' and hope that no one gets mad enough to want to kick your teeth in?

• Like 2

Point of Order!!!

Thomas Jefferson WAS a slave owner, and was, if I recall my readings (which I am unable to document at this time), wanting to extend the Declaration of Independance to include Negro slaves, but was coerced by those from "slave" states, as they viewed it as stealing their farm and house "laborers".

Historians and medical scientists have proven Jefferson did have sex with at least one of the slave women, but the attitude of the times was, slaves were property, and owners could do what they wanted with them.

Point of Order!!!

Thomas Jefferson WAS a slave owner, and was, if I recall my readings (which I am unable to document at this time), wanting to extend the Declaration of Independance to include Negro slaves, but was coerced by those from "slave" states, as they viewed it as stealing their farm and house "laborers".

Historians and medical scientists have proven Jefferson did have sex with at least one of the slave women, but the attitude of the times was, slaves were property, and owners could do what they wanted with them.

Your Point of Order has been acknowledged. While it supports my contention, there were no 'conditions' placed on the 'test'. Crotchity simply stated that to prove that one is not a racist, one must have slept with someone of another race (i.e.: a white man with a black woman). Since President Jefferson did in fact sleep with a black woman, he must not have been a racist. This brings me back to the question posed: Since President Jefferson had slept with a black woman, does this negate the allegation that he was in fact a racist because he was a slave owner? The fact that slaves were kept as 'property' isn't relevant to the test that Crotchity posed, only that President Jefferson slept with a black woman.

What if I refuse to have sex with say a good looking black gay atheist male with pschiatric issue? I guess that would make me a racist with anti-gay tendencies coupled with being a religious zealot and a discriminator of someone due to their mental handicap.

ROFL! Excellent point! But Crotch has already discredited his own argument with his avowed homophobia.

Could someone explain to me where the "skinheads" and the KKK got the concept that religion is a "race"? I admit being tired of the obvious bigots insulting the "Jewish Race". We're a religion, and there's several so called "branches" of the human race with members who are Jewish, Catholic, Protestant, and others I cannot remember at the hour I posted this (If not mentioned, please don't be offended.)

I hate to say it, but it seems we may have been our own worst enemy in this case, fighting so hard for a "homeland" and separatism throughout history. I completely agree with you, but I get that notion from other MOTs more than I do Skinheads.

Does YELLOW count? Everything is black and white. There's more YELLOWS than all the colors combined.

I've had white & black; not race but non prime colors. I've had little bit of everything; the box of candy is assorted flavors; so I've tried a lot; can't say all.

I think that's impossible.

I need the footnote for the 98%; I'm glad I'm the 2%.

This thread has got out of control....