ECG strip of the day

For our medic students:

What is this rhythm interpretation?

Rate:

Rhythm: Regular, irregular

PR Interval:

QRS: yes or no

P waves: Yes or no

I will try to post one per day or every few days. I have over 300 to choose from. I have multiple 12 leads to post also.

Hope this helps out those in medic school and those who have been active in the field for a while.

I still have issues on trying to upload from photobucket so I hope this one works.

ECG 1

• 2 weeks later...

Bookmarked - this is a great idea!

We are just about to start cardiology in my paramedic class, and I've been told the only way to get proficient at reading ECG's is to go over them again, and again, and again...

So I can't really contribute to this topic yet but hopefully in couple weeks that will change.

• 2 weeks later...

What is this rhythm interpretation? Atrial bigeminy

Rate: 80

Rhythm: Regularly irregular

PR Interval: PRi=0.12s

QRS: Yes

P waves: Yes

What makes me second guess myself is that I don't really see a P' for the complex that follows sinus, and then the t-wave that follows the second complex looks like it has a P' prime in it and the ventricles couldn't depolarize it for it. I decided to go against saying junctional bigeminy because I didn't see retrograde p-waves. I'll await feedback. :\

I couldn't find an edit button so sorry for double posting, but I decided to change my mind to junctional bigeminy. It doesn't need a retrograde p-wave. Like I noted earlier, it looks like there is a P' on top of the t-wave, and there isn't enough time for the ventricles to repolarize. Sorry, that's my final answer.

Forgive me. I would be very grateful if a moderator could remove/edit my posts. Haha! Evertime I think about this more, it bugs me to double/triple post (thankfully I see no rule against that, but it's the whole forum etiquette thing) and then I keep thinking of something new with this ECG. I am changing my mind to junctional trigeminy because there are two p-waves for every PJC. It tricked me cause I thought of each complex as a couplet.

Rhythm: Regularly irregular

Rate: 80, using 6-second method

P waves: Present, signifying atrial depolarization; premature P waves look similar, signfying that ectopic beats are originating from the same location in the atria

PR Interval: 0.12-0.14 (a little difficult to count because so small)

QRS: Present, narrow, follows every P wave, signifying depolarization from upper chambers of the heart

My guess is bigeminal PACs.

Not positive about this though as I can't really discern the P wave from the T wave.