Pillows

tcripp

seriously? I mean seriously you can say that with a straight face?

If you don't have a pillow you don't have a pillow. I've transported several patients without pillows because I used the pillow to secure bilat fractured ankles, and since my ambulance only had 2 pillows on it then I guess you can judge my quality then?

WOW, what a blanket statement.

edited to take out comment

Actually, I think I get what he's saying here. I always looked twice at medics that came to a call without a pillow and/or blanket. Did I usually have a blanket and a pillow on my cot? Yeah. Mostly because my early partner Bubba wouldn't allow it any other way. (Friggin' guy had severe challenges with the whole medic/basic pecking order...and I'm so much better of a medic because of it.) But was it always easy to have both of those things? No, sometimes I had to beg, barrow and/or steal them from the hospital, other ambulances, WalMart, (Ok, not really walmart).

But, like Crotchity said, more or less, unless you're clearing the ER after the plane load of nuns crashed into the bus load of hemophiliacs? There really aren't many reason you wouldn't have both unless you have a point to prove, right?

Just a thought.

I'm in my little trailer on the oil spill in Southern LA and don't have an ambulance, but I do have a pt pillow and blanket strapped onto my LSB. And if you're smokin' hot, I might even have a place for you to stay! (While you recuperate of course)

Dwayne

MA requires two per truck we normaly keep them in the bench seat to keep the stuff down there from rattleing around since our trucks are old. Most of the patients we take have there own pillows from there home or nurseing home. I have found that most Dialysis patients we transport feel better when they have there own pillow from home. Alot of the nurseing home and dialysis centers give there patients pillows with the centers logo on them and sometimes the patients name stiched on.

As for Emergency calls the patients normaly dont ask for pillows but we run very few emergencys.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.