Cousin Just Had Cardiac Arrest

robuk

Hello,

Around 2 and a half hours ago my cousins girlfriend came around our house wanting for some help, she said for the last day he had been being sick bringing up bile and a pain in his side. He is a drinker but she said he had no drink since he had been like that, he is 45. Anyway My Mother went around to see how he was and within a matter of minutes she ran back around shouting call ambulance quick. She said he had been making horrible noises and eyes rolling in head and then did a few gasps and went stiff. They started mouth to mouth ambulance was here fast , they had to send for someone else before taking him to hospital, they gave him CPR on bedroom floor but said he was not responding. Anyway they said he had cardiac arrest and when eventually got him to ambulance said it will be 50 50. they are all at the hospital at the moment with him and I know noting yet, can someone let me know what it might of been, would it been liver caused it and are his chances good please.

Thanks for your time

Robert

Without more hx and info it will be hard to tell. Could be alot of things.

I pray for your family in your time of need.

Also, not to be a downer. Out of hospital cardiac arrest survival rates are low. I don't have stats in front of me but I think it is like 5-10%. not trying to be morbid. Just replying to your question about odds.

Without more hx and info it will be hard to tell. Could be alot of things.

I pray for your family in your time of need.

Also, not to be a downer. Out of hospital cardiac arrest survival rates are low. I don't have stats in front of me but I think it is like 5-10%. not trying to be morbid. Just replying to your question about odds.

Thank you Bill. I am just waiting for a call and praying he pulls through. I will put any more information if I hear what they say.

Thank you Bill. I am just waiting for a call and praying he pulls through. I will put any more information if I hear what they say.

My cousin Mark died 10 minutes after getting there, they just kept cpr while on the way. They said they will need to find out what caused it.

Thanks for the reply Bill.

Robert

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.