Arguing from ignorance, Neil DeGrassie Tyson

DwayneEMTP

I find it ironic that an astrophysicist- a guy who deals with incredibly complex concepts- can reduce difficult things to a very manageable level. Pretty profound.

Reminds me of that Asian physicist on A&E or the History channel who takes science fiction concepts- like teleportation, warp drive, etc- and tries to make them plausible. It's one thing to work with these difficult ideas, but it takes a real gift to be able to break them down to a level consumable by the average person.

I find it ironic that an astrophysicist- a guy who deals with incredibly complex concepts- can reduce difficult things to a very manageable level. Pretty profound.

Reminds me of that Asian physicist on A&E or the History channel who takes science fiction concepts- like teleportation, warp drive, etc- and tries to make them plausible. It's one thing to work with these difficult ideas, but it takes a real gift to be able to break them down to a level consumable by the average person.

Dr. Michio Kaku

His Website

He is an awsome scientist. Both these guys make science fun for folks thus making them interested in abstract concepts but in an easily understood manner. Reminds me of Carl Sagan.

I agree with you both.... I love these guys...

Also Bill Bryson , his book, A Short History of Nearly Everything is amazing..

He describes in this book things like why we know how much the earth weighs, and hold long before the sun burns out and such. When he describes the size of the universe, he does it so well that it actually made me a little light headed to envision the scope...Amazing.

Dwayne

Edited by DwayneEMTP

Dr. Michio Kaku

His Website

He is an awsome scientist. Both these guys make science fun for folks thus making them interested in abstract concepts but in an easily understood manner. Reminds me of Carl Sagan.

That's him. I remember buying Stephen Hawking's "A Brief History in Time." Fascinating stuff, but very dry, and unless you were really interested AND had a science background, it is hard to get through. I felt like I was back in college, reading my neuroscience text multiple times just to digest what was being said. LOL