Tust in your partner

+medic

Every Man Suspect...

Its a whatever topic. We can't get along; we can't trust one another; what is this field becoming?

A bunch of Pre-Madonnas. A self-centered bunch of people. Its my way or the highway attitude. People who have a little bit of knowledge: think they're experts. Glory hounds. Skells. Poor Technicians. Also late; never checks the Ambulance or Equipment. Air and chair is the routine. Bringing a laptop is part of the Checklist. Waits for food before responding. Falsification of paperwork. Liar. IV pokemon; missing a"l the time. The best Esophageal Intubator. Identifies all ECG as Sinus. Nasal Cannula all patients. Drives 2MPH so everybody sees them. Always goes out of service for anything. Drama bringer. Hits the skirt. Inappropriate always. Never offers. Thinks the work fu#k is French. Insubordinate. Never restocks. Cruising for chicks. Can't splint. Thinks they're hot sh#t. Invincible. Cocky. Sleeps at CME Letures. No call, no show. Bangs out last minute. Doesn't flush. Doesn't know the Protocol; makes it up as he goes along. Takes the credit. Can't lift. Blames other.

WTF!

hahahaha. We've have all seen that in one form or the other LOL, good post +1

If the issues you have with your partner have already been brought up to management, then there is not a lot you can do about them. The only thing you can do is watch your own actions and make sure you are reflecting well on your company and your job. You can't trust your partner to have your back, so make sure you do things right the first time, and if you don't, then you should be filing an incident report on your self (It looks better if it comes from you then someone else).

Are you and your partner on the truck both the same level? If you are a higher level provider, then I would say don't let them tech any calls until you trust their standard of pt care.

I am in a situation now where I have "partner of the day" for every shift, since my permanent partners quit. Often times I do not trust the person I am working with. However, they are the senior medic, so at least I know that if they screw something up on a call, it won't come down on me. Also, if they ask me to tech a call which I am not comfortable with (or one that might be borderline ALS), I tell them that I am not comfortable with it.

As others have mentioned, if you don't get along with your partner, bring a book, a dvd player, anything to distract you through the downtime in your shift. Hopefully they won't be your partner for to long!

Hello and welcome

Trust is a very important thing to have in a partner but it seems each place has one person who does not quite fit in or has severe trust issue with their co workers. Such as Lying about things on incident reports, laziness in many forms on and off the truck, miss treating hospital staff/co-workers, inability to do ones job at when crap hits the fan or just having a very bad/loud mouth.

I know in EMS it's impossible to get along with everyone but I feel there is a unspoken rule of being able to trust your partner when the crap hits the fan even if you and your partner dont see eye to eye. Sadly some people just don't get it they piss off co-workers or make bad mistakes on the truck and then the feeling of mistrust grows to the point where no one at the company wants to work with them.

I have a person in my EMS Company who is like the above. This person has made a lot of mistakes and errors both personal and work wise. This person was also let go from another larger EMS company in the area for a very bad error in judgement and for a lot of the same things stated above. Now this person is creating problems where I work. Our management had been very quick to deal with the issues and the person is being carefully watched and supervised.

So I ask you all this since I have to work with this individual who I don't fully trust 100% on the truck to do the right thing or to help me when crap hits the fan. As my partner we had a very bad incident that I don't want to go into here since it's a personal matter and such things should not be posted here in my opinion.

The reason why I posted this is because I feel trust is a very big thing to have in a partner. While I may not like certain people for what every reason in EMS, I have to trust them to enough to have them be my partner on the truck. So how would one deal with a person like this when you have to work with them?

Cheers and thanks

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.