From Ireland to USA

wexfordbrit

Hi all.

Firstly let me say hello and introduce myself to this site.

I am EMT (B) from Ireland who is looking at coming to the states to (a) find work, (B) travel and meet new people and © train as a paramedic. I was wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction in getting my skills recognized in the US. I believe that our syllabus is based on the American one but dont quote me on that. If necessary I am willing to retrain to US standards. Any information would be appreiciated. Many Thanks. May I wish all a happy and peaceful Christmas...

Welcome!

US standards are based state to state. Decide on where in the US you will want to live and then go review their specific requirements for reciprocity. Actually, search the web for each state and that may help you to decide on where you want to live. :D

Probably a minor typographic error, but that should read www.nremt.org. I would also google each US State's Department of Health, and ask about the international reciprocity.

Good luck, and welcome to the city!

• Like 1

... Actually, search the web for each state and that may help you to decide on where you want to live. :D

That is the best answer right there! Medicine here varies greatly from place to place. If you want to be a medic, as tcripp says, find a good place and move there, don't move and then hope that you will be able to do good medicine...

Welcome to the City!

Dwayne

I would also google each US State's Department of Health, and ask about the international reciprocity.

Funny...I thought that was what I said. :rolleyes:

FYI - the + in reputation was an accident. Hit it instead of reply. Ugh...

Thanks all!!!

Will search online. As long as the weather is warmer than here in Ireland.. lol

Just mentioning, today's temperature in NYC is 27 degrees (F), before adding in the wind chill factor! (don't recall the conversion to [C], but know that would read as below zero [C]) That's roughly 10 to 15 degrees lower than normal for this time of year.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.