study aides to prep for NREMT?

I have 2 weeks left of my EMT training class and then hopefully take the NREMT shortly after. I have used all the resources the school provides (workbook, jblearning website etc.) however I still don't feel prepared for the NREMT exam. Has anyone found any other websites or practice books that they have found helpful? I saw a few books at the bookstore but dont want to spend $30-40 if it's useless. Thanks.

I'm studying, also. Here's what was recommended to me... it gives detailed responses as well as scoring on various sections.

www.emt-national-training.com

I bought a couple of books but find that this site seems to encompass more and better information for less money.

Good luck!

Alls you need is your school books and a site called rescueexams www. .com its a free site you sign up and it goes through the emt book by the chapter giving you test after test so you can find your weak points. Its got a great fire side to if you ever go fire rescue. Let me know if it helps.

How do you learn? Are you a visual learner/prefer to read material? Do you perform better on tests after taking similar tests repeatedly? Are you good at standardized tests? Are you an auditory learner?

If you prefer to read material and do better after taking practice/similar tests, I would say buy the workbook. Take the first test in it, see what you missed, and re-read that material in your textbook until you know why you made the mistakes you did. I would recommend this especially if standardized tests are not your strong suit- it's about knowing how to take the damn test as much as it is knowing the material.

If you prefer auditory, sit down and read through your text with a classmate or friend and explain the material to them. Have a classmate explain key concepts to you.

The most important thing to remember is on any question, if scene safety or airway are listed and could be correct answers, they ARE the correct answer. Scene safety and airway always come first. That's what throws a lot of people- they actually start reading into the scenario and formulating how to treat the patient, but the question asks "what's the first correct action" and it's not already listed that your scene is safe... again, it's about knowing how to take the test...

Wendy

CO EMT-B

When I was preparing I bought the lectures from John Puryear. He has a really high pass rate for people who attend his lectures. I listened to them in the car for about a month prior to testing. I found that extremely helpful. I still sometimes recite something from one of his lectures. The reason I found him so helpful is that he explains things and relates them to something not EMS related. Sometimes a little redundant but hey....I passed. :mobile:

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.