Dr Raj Sherman ROCKS ALBERT government !

tniuqs

Perhaps the phrase I have heard used in BC about Alberta Plates came to be ?

Red and White = Blood on the Snow.

Not that humours is it :o

cheers

Unfortunately I can vouch for that being a sad truth. I've worked the worst sections of the Coquihalla and one of the worst sections of 97C for the past couple of winters. Considering how far that is from the Alberta border the number of Alberta plates I find in the ditch is very disproportionate. I do however find a great many from the GVRD as well.

http://www.calgaryherald.com/health/Tory+Sherman+suspended+from+caucus+vows+independent/3867401/story.html

Well chalk another one on the wall !

" Just HOW STUPID can the Progress Conservatives in Alberta Get ????? "

They threw Raj out of caucus for speaking up and out this because one has sworn to uphold the Hippocratic Oath ? It appears that the death of Democracy has obviously just occurred in ALBERTA

This is a true EPIC FAIL in all respects.

Now this is ironic we ALL know the Smiling Edde Stelmach the Premier is a fuking PIG FARMER intimidated by anyone that has an education, sheesh it sure makes pig farmers look bad too .

Is a health care "general strike" a possibility now ? just saying.

NO CHEER !

Edited by tniuqs

I like how Premier Stelmach says he's "tired of theatrics" and removes Dr. Raj from caucus.... but nothing is mentioned about Dr. Cookie Monster's antics...

What is truly disappointing is that Dr. Raj Sherman was doing exactly what he is supposed to do - represent his constituents - and since he wasn't being a mindless follower, he gets penalized for it. Pretty darn sad....

I like how Premier Stelmach says he's "tired of theatrics" and removes Dr. Raj from caucus.... but nothing is mentioned about Dr. Cookie Monster's antics...

What is truly disappointing is that Dr. Raj Sherman was doing exactly what he is supposed to do - represent his constituents - and since he wasn't being a mindless follower, he gets penalized for it. Pretty darn sad....

Maybe sad in the short term for Raj, in the long term going to be very sad for the PCs there is HUGE support for RAJ, especially in the health care workers, can you imagine that after this caucus crappolla and doing a TV interview that Dr. Sherman is working his regular weekend shift to help out his ER doc friends, well that says a lot to me. :thumbsup:

Don't see Liepert, Stelmach or Gene Zorro pulling any night shifts at the legislature, the latter 2 did not have the guts to vote in caucus meeting today according to Hansards they were not even at the caucus meeting ! I hope they have a doctors note .. I do if I miss a day of work.

478 comments posted on CBC news thread even some older PC supporters want PC butts to chew on. I have started a fund (not a tax free registered as a society thing) for Dr. Drucketts one way ticket economy back to the land of OZ.

I Hope aussiephil has a wee chat with him upon landing :argue: because Druckett is not doing any of his countrymen any favours either.

cheers

Well the cookie monster is out. With a very generous golden parachute too. Looks like he wont need that economy class ticket back to OZ after all. Not with a $20,000.00 payout for "moving expenses."

More Damage control ONLY when we all know where the true problem lies, and the public is finally seeing the light, the good ole PC boys club is showing their true colours (in public) So speak UP an your OUT ... Disagree with Party line .. and your OUT .... eat as cookie and make an ass of yourself in media and your OUT.

btw If you ever had the chance to meet ex health minister Liepert, well Raj is quite correct in a TV interview when he called Liepert rude and arrogant, Liepert IS a Horses Ass.

cheers

Edited by tniuqs

A late afternoon article from the Edmonton Journal says in part:

“EDMONTON — Stephen Duckett will no longer serve as CEO and president of Alberta Health Services, the board announced late Wednesday afternoon.

The decision is effective immediately, and at least three board members are expected to resign in protest, chairman Ken Hughes said at a news conference.

“The board would like to thank Dr. Duckett for his dedication to improving Alberta’s health system during a challenging time of transition,” Hughes said.”

Full article: http://www.edmontonjournal.com/health/Stephen+Duckett+loses/3878209/story.html#ixzz16GBcB9CE

At least 3 board members are expected to resign in protest? Protest of what? They didn’t get cookies? And thanking Dr. Duckett for his dedication… well, … ummmm..

And, back to Dr. Sherman being removed from caucus… Liepert says he doesn’t want an apology, but he wants Sherman to retract the statements he made about Liepert being rude. When I look back on Liepert’s term as Health Minister, I remember him blaming nurses for the budget problems because of overtime paid (remember when the PC’s cut how many nursing jobs, and now Alberta is short staffed in nursing positions?) and when several public service doctors resigned at the same time, he put a gag order on their severance packages, so that they couldn’t say why they left? (July 2008) . If I tried hard enough, I could probable google a few things and see what dirt I could come up with. It’s only slander or libel if it’s not true, right?

• Like 1

And it just gets more and more bizarre.... now Fred Horne went to the Alberta Medical Association president, allegedly claiming that Dr. Raj Sherman has mental health issues... if that is in fact what happened, that is completely out of line!

Front page - today's Calgary Sun

http://www.calgarysun.com/news/alberta/2010/11/25/16321861.html

"EDMONTON — Maverick MLA Raj Sherman defended his state of mind as a marathon debate on the province’s ailing health-care system wrapped up.

The punted Tory also accused his former government colleagues of being “corrupt.”

“Look, I’ve been up all night tonight,” Sherman told reporters Thursday, after an all-night filibuster.

“Do I look crazy to you guys? C’mon. If I stay up another 24 hours I may get a little kooky. My record is about 96 hours I can stay up.”

The comments came after Sherman and NDP Leader Brian Mason told reporters Tory Fred Horne had a conversation with Dr. Patrick White, the head of the Alberta Medical Association, on Wednesday about the state of Sherman’s mental health.

Horne is parliamentary secretary to Health Minister Gene Zwozdesky, a position Sherman held until being suspended by the Tories.

Sherman said he was alerted to the conversation by a colleague.

Horne acknowledged he spoke with White, but said it was out of concern for Sherman. He said all three men have been friends for years, and there was nothing malicious meant by the call.

“I basically just expressed my concern for my friend and the stress that he’s been dealing with,” said Horne.

“He’s been very courageous in coming forward the way he has, but we’ve had a long three days here and I could see … he was under a lot of stress in the house.”

Mason called this a serious issue.

“It was an attempt to undermine him and prevent him from carrying out his parliamentary duties,” Mason charged.

Mason said he plans to bring the matter up next week in the legislature, arguing Horne breached his parliamentary privilege.

Meanwhile, Sherman also said he was told by longtime Tories weeks ago that he should watch his back because “they’re going to get you. You made somebody mad.” He called the Tory government “corrupt” and asked them to “come clean.”

Cam Hantiuk, spokesman for Premier Ed Stelmach, said he was in “disbelief” after hearing that allegation. Hantiuk said he’s not sure which Tories Sherman was referring to about watching his back.

Sherman’s comments came at the end of a long day.

The opposition filibustered an amendment Sherman wants to the Alberta Health Act, which would limit emergency department wait times.

MLAs spoke on the matter throughout the night Wednesday, ending Thursday afternoon. Bleary-eyed politicians were chugging back energy drinks and coffee as they rallied around Sherman.

Wildrose MLA Rob Anderson said he didn’t sleep, adding it was worth it because Sherman’s proposed amendment gives the Alberta Health Act “some teeth.” But the government argues it would open up the government to lawsuits, should legislated wait times not be met."

Well I was wrong:

The Progressive Conservatives CAN get even more STUPID with their actions !

So PC policy now is: If you can't debate someone intelligently then smear them.

This is slander plain an simple.

As IF the President of the AMA will disclose any personal information about ANYONE in the first place, the AMA is an advocacy for the Doctors. So why did Fred Horn the Parliamentary assistant not go and make a complaint or request an investigation under the HPA to College of Physicians & Surgeons of Alberta ? That IS the regulatory body responsible and oddly directly under AHS control. Fred does't even understand his own regulatory structure. :clown:

whisper: Fred Horn we all have rights under Health Information Privacy Laws.

Perhaps we all should sign into AHS e records and check out what Fred Horns medical issues, maybe HTN, maybe High Cholesterol and maybe Haemorrhoids PLEASE Fred H remove head from your ass (oops too late) :withstupid:

I wonder what the approval rating is for the PC right now ? Perhaps I should go and eat popcorn and watch the Emergency Health Debate / Gong Show on Monday in the Legislature. The seats are way cheaper than for the Grey Cup and apparently they will be quite a few supporters in attendance.

GO SHERMAN NATION GO ....

Edited by tniuqs

Partial Quote: letter to the media from AMA President.

http://www.inews880.com/Channels/Reg/LocalNews/story.aspx?ID=1318031

From the media coverage thus far – for example, letters to the editor and comments on media websites – Dr. Sherman’s advocacy for a health care system that puts Patients First has strongly resonated with Albertans, who are our patients.

By his actions and his statements, Dr. Sherman has reflected the ethos of the medical profession but in a forum, i.e., the Alberta Legislature, that few physicians have ever had.

Yours truly,

Patrick J. (P.J.) White, MB, BCh, MRCPsych

President

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.