Ketamine discussion

mobey

I wanted to discuss Ketamine with those who have actually administered it in the field.

I'll start with general info, although I have never used it, or seen it used.

Ketamine

Class: Dissociative anesthetic.

MOI: Blocks NMDA receptors, Dissacociates limbic from thalamus and cortex.

Ketamine is too advanced for the US mate, they are stuck in 1990 with a couple mg of morphine that they have to ring up on the ambo phone for.

Bloody hell even the UK aren't using it outside of HEMS which is staffed with a Reg or Consultant physician who is most-often an ER Doc or an Anaesthetist.

We have been using it for the last 5 years and its amazing I just love the stuff to bits its totally freaking sweet.

Useless Australians are using it but its a bit of a shit storm because well, they want to get paid more for doing it, bah HTFU I say.

Yep, that stuffs quite nice.

We are getting Esketamine back on our vehicles (though if you ask me, that`s bullshit, `cause as far as I know, there are no profound studies, saying that it`s really less hallucinating).

Ketamine is too advanced for the US mate, they are stuck in 1990 with a couple mg of morphine that they have to ring up on the ambo phone for.

Bloody hell even the UK aren't using it outside of HEMS which is staffed with a Reg or Consultant physician who is most-often an ER Doc or an Anaesthetist.

We have been using it for the last 5 years and its amazing I just love the stuff to bits its totally freaking sweet.

Useless Australians are using it but its a bit of a shit storm because well, they want to get paid more for doing it, bah HTFU I say.

I'm not so sure of that. The most common induction agent in my area of the world is etomidate. I have found no compelling evidence that points to the superiority of one agent to another. If we are talking about using ketamine for it's analgesic properties, I would agree somewhat.

Take care,

chbare.