federal aid for ems students

andrew523

i was wondering if anyone knew about any federal grants or loans or student aid for people looking to pursue ems. ive looked and found them for every other health profession such as nursing, dentistry, veterinary, etc. but nothing so far on ems. ive been wanting to attend medic school but cant afford it and due to my age and the fact im not married and have no kids i havnt been able to get any grants or financial aid. maybe someone on here has an answer to my question and if such thing does not exist why do you think that is?

thanks for any answers anyone can hook me up with

If you're a member of NAEMT you can apply for one of their scholarships. But keep in mind some federal aide will not let you use it on just a certificate program.

I'm glad that I turn 24 next November... means in the fall I can apply for grants :)

If you're a member of NAEMT you can apply for one of their scholarships. But keep in mind some federal aide will not let you use it on just a certificate program.

I'm glad that I turn 24 next November... means in the fall I can apply for grants :)

thanks. i turn 24 in may but the class starts sooner than that. i figured i would have to wait till then. i fought this battle for financial aid for basic and intermediate classes and they kept saying im a dependant of my parents even though i havnt lived with them for 5 years . its so stupid.

My boyfriend is in a similar situation. He's attending a community college for his P and applied for FAFSA but didn't qualify because he's not married and makes enough for one person....doesn't account for cost of living which is what got him. He's applying for grants through his school. Your best bet might be to find a department/agency that will pay for your schooling and reimburse you and just apply for a private loan.

Good luck

thanks. i turn 24 in may but the class starts sooner than that. i figured i would have to wait till then. i fought this battle for financial aid for basic and intermediate classes and they kept saying im a dependant of my parents even though i havnt lived with them for 5 years . its so stupid.

It's supposed to be if you turn 24 during the school year that you're applying for... at least that's what I was told. Of course since yours is in May I guess they may count it as after teh school year is over

If you're going to a reputable school and not a medic mill the financial aid office should be available to help you answer the question of funding for education. That's their job. (Although, to be fair, some medic mills will bend over backwards to get financial aid for students because it helps keep them in business. These are generally the very type of "educational institution" you want to avoid.)

They won't fill out the paperwork for you. But they'll help you find the sources for loans and/or grants.

Good luck.