My travel day

Just Plain Ruff

ok, I love the travelling public (well not really) but......

My travel day started at 0300

Got to the airport - so far so good

First flight takes off without problems until we land. ON landing we hear this big boom and then the left side of the plan starts to shimmy and vibrate. I immediately think, Tire blow out. We have arrived at Dallas Love Field.

WE get to the gate and I'm scheduled to take the same plane to Houston. The captain says "sorry folks, we can usually take off with one tire out but not with two." in a joking manner. We are delayed 40 minutes to get the two tires replaced.

We get the tires replaced and head on in to Houston. No problems there.

Get off the plane, wait for the next plane and board it. I am sitting in the row behind the exit row. Exit row only has 1 person in it.

The plane pushes back away from the gate. We get 500 feet away and the rain comes. Downpour that caused all traffic to stop and wait the storm out.

So the lady sitting in the window seat takes out a set of nail clippers and then takes her shoes off and begins to clip her toe nails. After the 1st nail lands on my lap I ask her to stop. She continues. The 2nd one lands in my book that I'm reading. I took it and put it on her lap. She got pissed, called the stewardess and made a complaint.

I told her she was F*(*&&ing nuts and moved. The flight attendant told her that she needed to put her nail clippers away. The lady complied but only reluctantly.

What the hell is with the flying public. Are they all going nuts.

Every flight I'm on has rude passengers, people who cut in line when they should be behind me or others. Others who drink so much that they can barely walk when they get off the plane. Others who don't listen to the flight attendants. Others who get up to go to the bathroom when we are landing and get pissed when the flight attendants tell them to get back to their seats.

I fly because I have to for work, if I didn't have to I'd chuck it all.

I just had to vent. I got into my destination 2 hours late and the car company had closed my reservation. I then have to re-set the rental and they ran my credit card a 2nd time so I have no money tonight until I get paid to eat anything other than what my hotel has at their food area.

What a great day!!!!!!!

Actually the security line was the easiest of the entire day. Security at Kansas City International is probably the easiest of all the security lines I've ever gone through.