Need ALS/Para Help W/ Family Member

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's so stupid. You're very clever if you can differentiate between a STEMI & a Non-STEMI over the phone!

Hertz, you didn't read the original post did you

Here is what the OP (uglyemt) wrote

I will give an exact description of the discharge paperwork that I understand but can wrap my head around right now.

NSTEMI

Non Q Wave

Peak Cardiac Triponin .86

Marked Hyperlipodemia

Marked Hypertension A-symptomatic

Severe Cardiomiopothy

Ejection Fraction 25%

Akanisis of posterial wall

Severe Hypokenisis of anterior lateral wall

Mitroregurgitation 1+

So let's see, stupid question answer - description paperwork had in it NSTEMI, non-q wave hmmmm I wonder...... I don't see how she diagnosed a stemi versus non-stemi? I don't see it in the subsequent posting either.

So yes, I'll take stupid questions for 1000 alex

What are the comments by hertzvan comments Alex

Correct Player 1 for 1000 dollars

As the OP i will end this right here.

hertzvanrental if you read past the original post to my second post in the thread

"I also just reread my post, cant edit it for some reason, I mispoke when I said I diagnosed the NSTEMI, what i should have said was based on what my father described to me I felt it was an MI in progressed and had Mom call 911. My appologies."

When i made the original post it was about 1hr after learning of my father so I wasnt in the right frame of mind at that point. Once I had a chance to collect myself I realized my mistake but unfortunatly was not able to edit the post because someone else posted already. On my second posting i said the above line. I appologize for the confusion it may have caused. Noone can diagnose over the phone and I appologize again for using that wording.

My appologies everyone, sorry for the confusion.

SOME conditions actually can be diagnosed, by description, over the phone, but only to generalities. That is what Emergency Medical Dispatch office call takers do all day and night. If the caller says the patient is having chest pain, and is holding their fist to their sternum, it would be safe to say the patient is a cardiac possibly having an AMI. The call taker doesn't need to determine, at that time, if it is descending right bundle block.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.