What Do You Put Under "Expected Pay/Wages" on Job Apps?

Phil...not to change the subject, but you got a plus one for making me laugh....

Like everyone else said, I always put down "negotiable." When discussing compensation during the interview, I like to leave that until the end, when they ask you if you have any (other) questions. My questions leading up to compensation will always be about company ops, schedules, basically everything about the company so you don't look like you're most interested about the money, whether you are or not. For pay scale, I'll simply ask "how do you determine compensation?" It's a pretty open ended question, and it's the smoothest way I can think of to ask the question. If they ask you for clarification, ask if it's step based, merit based, is there a contract, does everyone start at the same pay, or is your pay commensurate with experience? After that, you should ask if there's night diff, if all hours are compensated or paid on call after a certain hour in the evening.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.