Monday morning quaterback (a rant)

EMT-B 55

Just came back from a call when the telephone rang at the base. I answer it and the person calling states, "I don't want to get anyone in trouble BUT I have to report that one of your ambulances passed me in a no passing zone. Who do report this to." I transfer the call to the Director. THen head for the Director's office.

I was the driver at the time and yes I did pass the lady in a no passing zone. When I crested a hill, saw a car about 40 - 45 feet ahead of me when she saw me approching, she veered left and hit her brakes, Then I passed her on the left side. As I passed her she gave me a wave. Love those drivers!!!!!!!

• Like 1

Were you coming back from a call, or did you have a patient in the back? Were you driving L&S?

What did your director say?

Unfortunately, ther will always be members of the public who will complain, regardless of if we were in the right or not.

Gottaq love your comment on "the wave." She is probably the same driver who makes a left turn and cuts across three lanes of traffic, forcing others to slam on their brakes, and then smiles and waves, as though that makes it all better....

It was to the hospital with L&S going with a respitory distress patient in back.

The boss was polite on the phone then looked at me with a question mark. After I told her what happened, she laughed and told me just keep it cool and don't let it bug me. I ranted about this most of the day

• Like 1

Your boss is right... don't let it bug you.

The woman in the car is proof that people are idiots... she will be the same person who will complain that the ambulance didn't get there fast enough when she needs one.

A long long time ago, I was driving L&S with a critical patient in the back, and had a car pass me. At the time, I was angry, and called in to dispatch with the vehicle make, model, and license plate information. About 10 miles down the road, the police had this vehicle pulled over. Although I was glad that he got stopped by the police, I was angry about that driver's stupidity for a while. Now I just laugh, and remind myself that EMS is just standing in the way of darwinism, and these are the people who keep us employed.

Don't let it bug you too long...

Hell, I'd have reported her to the State Police, I'm sure I could come up with a list of finale offenses based on what you've said. Just out of spite, that is.