Your EKG Moniter Default

stcommodore

We use the Philips MRx monitor, so it defaults to whatever is plugged in as far as SPO2 and EtCO2. If I want to use EtCO2, I have a waveform the moment I connect the device. The ECG itself defaults to lead II in the first and second waveforms on the monitor. I would prefer it default to II and V1. I'm not entirely sure anyone knows how to change the default screen without calling in the rep from Philips. :rolleyes:

I prefer V1 as it is more accurate than lead II. Lead two is one of the least accurate leads yet sadly it is the one we are all taught. If I have the option I set mine as V1, III, and I.

In your Phillips manual you will find a default code so you can go in and change settings. Same for other brands as well. That is unless your service has changed the code. If no manual available you can find them for download online as well.

We use the Phillips as well. When we used the LP12 (haven't seen the LP15 yet), it was set to II, III, aVF. It was explained to me that the inferior leads show first so that you can quickly go into diagnostic mode to accurately view any ST changes in case you were considering giving nitro. If those leads are clean, you can give nitro before setting up the whole 12 lead.

The thing is, it's desireable to record a quick 12 in the house before initiating ntg, in case the ischemic changes return to baseline before you can record them. The absence of such evidence can negatively affect their in-hospital Tx course.

Edited by 46Young

We use the Zoll E and it defaults to lead II. If I want to see a second waveform i have to go into manual mode, but since the screen on the zoll is so small I typically don't turn on the second wave (which is usually SPO2).

When I print strips I will for the most part, do it in manual mode so the strip gives me II, I, and III.

I miss the large screen of both the LP 12 and MRx, as I like having as much info available from a single glance.

don't really care because i will cycle through all of the leads anyway so the default screen makes no difference

what is the point of the pulse ox wave form. Either the number is good, or its not. I don't rely on sp02 that much to begin with.

I was under the impression that the waveform is an indicator of reliability.

My preferred set-up on the LP12 is Leads II and aVf and SPO2. If I've hooked up the ETCO2 then I'll drop one of the leads and put the CO2 waveform up.

what is the point of the pulse ox wave form. Either the number is good, or its not. I don't rely on sp02 that much to begin with.

For me it's the reliability. But like I said, with the Zoll's incredibly small screen, i generally don't have it viewable.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.