Aussie Intensive Care Paramedic joins

dwpara

Hi, joined up to chat about similarities and differences both here and abroad, clinical skills and scope of practice etc.,... Interested also in finding out more about work conditions with a view to an exchange too.biggrin.gif

Greeting

We have recently adopted the "Paramedic/Intensive Care" nomanclature for our staff (we also have Ambulance Technician for the vollies) and I really do like the name change a lot.

There are one or two Australians lurking around here (NSW mostly) although there are some Victorians too.

I know one state runs an all Intensive Care service .... I think it's South Australia.

Hang on, whats that? ... oh bugger, nine echo.

Well, good to have ya here!

Kiwi :D

Greeting

We have recently adopted the "Paramedic/Intensive Care" nomanclature for our staff (we also have Ambulance Technician for the vollies) and I really do like the name change a lot.

There are one or two Australians lurking around here (NSW mostly) although there are some Victorians too.

I know one state runs an all Intensive Care service .... I think it's South Australia.

Hang on, whats that? ... oh bugger, nine echo.

Well, good to have ya here!

Kiwi :D

You mean ACTAS don't you kiwi?? I thought SA was just mainland tassie! :P

Did you get the big pay rise dwpara?

... nooooo I mean the Johnnos in South Australia! <tongue in cheek here> :D

Yeah I think I did mean the ACT.

bunnies get paid? ;)

Because I speak US variety English, with an understanding of British and Jamaican English, why am I suddenly unable to understand Australian and New Zealand English? I used to be able to do that.In other words, "what did those guys just say?"

Edited by Richard B the EMT

Johnnos is slang for St John Ambulance; they have a habit of killing people in Western Australia.

They just haven't ended up on TV here yet ... for killing people anyway.

Wow, I used to live in Alfred Cove as a lad (years and years ago), and wanted to come back and visit the area. With that info, I think you just lost a tourist.

Wow, I used to live in Alfred Cove as a lad (years and years ago), and wanted to come back and visit the area. With that info, I think you just lost a tourist.

Oh I dno might not be that bad

http://www.abc.net.au/4corners/content/2009/s2615353.htm

And init a long way from the baking desert of WA to the cornfields of Iowa? :D

Edited by kiwimedic

Oh I dno might not be that bad

http://www.abc.net.a...09/s2615353.htm

And init a long way from the baking desert of WA to the cornfields of Iowa? biggrin.gif

Quite. However, the baking is like a sauna here. Usual summer is 100 degrees with above 70% humidity, with the winters around 10-15 degrees. Not much of a spread in temperature. It's really the humidity that kills ya or your patients.

Don't you just love those respiratory calls.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.