Memorization

anyone have good memory aids for helping me memorize these LPM Concentration and 02% its really kicking my butt Ive tried Flash cards and even rewriting the entire list over and over again, So if anyone has any suggestions that would be great thanks.

Edited by Mario1105

See if there's a way you can make funny yet logical associations. Like, at 2 dollars (lpm) I can buy X amount of M&M's (% saturation)... at 3 dollars, I can buy X amount of Chips Ahoy... make it something that you're interested in instead of just plain old boring O2 % saturation. That random funny stuff is what your brain will remember come test time when you draw the blank.

Or, find a mnemonic device... Google may be your friend here. For example, with oxidation-reduction reactions, I can't tell you how many times I've thanked my high school AP Chem teacher for "OIL RIG" (oxidation is loss, reduction is gain) and most of that within the last year.

Good luck to you!

Wendy

CO EMT-B

What has changed about this question since the last time you asked it?

http://www.emtcity.com/index.php/topic/17478-looking-for-a-quiz/

You never did explain to us exactly what you are talking about. And it is not immediately evident.

Can you at least respond to this thread instead of just asking a question and disappearing for three months?

What has changed about this question since the last time you asked it?

http://www.emtcity.c...ing-for-a-quiz/

You never did explain to us exactly what you are talking about. And it is not immediately evident.

Can you at least respond to this thread instead of just asking a question and disappearing for three months?

because this is the only station im having issues on and would be the only reason i would fail so i have to know it and its just not working ill scan the paper in hold on :)

Okay, but you still haven't told us SPECIFICALLY what you're having problems with. Either do that now or the thread is locked.

It's not rocket science forget that demand valve and pocket mask crap when are you going to use that? You're not.

1. Oxygenation and ventilation are not the same thing, just because you cram O2 down somebodies throat dont mean its going to reach the brain and vital organs

2. Most people don't need oxygen; chest pain, abnormal airway, hypoxia, SPO2 < 96% RA or shock are exceptions

3. Those that do, 99% require like two litres on a cannula

4. NC 2-4lpm, nebs 8lpm, NRB mask 10lpm and BVM 15lpm; I've never used an ordinary face mask.

Note that SPO2 is not always reliable, again use your head, if somebody is smurf blue but has SPO2 of 100% chances are something is wrong.

Oh, and if your partner tells you smurf blue patients who have SPO2 of 100% do not need oxygen .... you're in Los Angeles.

Did I mention Los Angeles recently?

If that doesnt make sense let me know.