The Continuation of Medical Control in EMS

19 members have voted

1. 1. Should the elimination of Medical Control be an EMS goal?

• Yes. ASAP
    • Yes, but only after major EMS educational reform.
    • No
    • Undecided

Man, I think I get it finally. You're right I think. I don't need medical control. I do need oversight, in case I suddenly decide to do lazy, or cowboy medicine, but I don't need hand holding and the growth and entry level education of those that need their hands held is certainly being retarded by this practice. My opinion now, subject to change given new information or points of view, is that med con in the US is pathologic to the progression of intelligent, professional prehospital medicine.

You win...and I thank you.

Welcome to the dark side my friend.

Start a debate on bringing back public masturbation.....?

(Oh, I'm for it, by the way)

Hey, why not? So long as strict educational standards, with annual recertification, are maintained, I see no downside to it.

And just think of all the jobs the new regulatory bureaucracy would create!

Hey, why not? So long as strict educational standards, with annual recertification, are maintained, I see no downside to it.

And just think of all the jobs the new regulatory bureaucracy would create!

Annual recertification of public masterbation????? The hosemonkeys will winn every year!!!!!

Man, I think I get it finally. You're right I think. I don't need medical control. I do need oversight, in case I suddenly decide to do lazy, or cowboy medicine, but I don't need hand holding and the growth and entry level education of those that need their hands held is certainly being retarded by this practice. My opinion now, subject to change given new information or points of view, is that med con in the US is pathologic to the progression of intelligent, professional prehospital medicine.

You win...and I thank you.

Dwayne

It's a scary step to take but I do believe it's in the right direction to progress the profession and improve patient care standards. Educated professionals providing care to the public without any "mother may I" hoops to jump through will bring more benefits than draw-backs. Continually revised and updated standards of practice to which providers work without requiring further direction are the norm within other healthcare professions. EMS needs to follow suit on this one.

I posted this thread looking for exactly the type of respectful productive discussion that has occurred. I would like to extend a big thank-you to everyone for keeping things on topic and productive throughout. Thank-you in particular to our members from the real "deep" south who have done a particularly good job of defending a viewpoint that closely mirrors my own. This is the kind of discussion from which greatness stems. Let’s all ensure it becomes something more than just discourse by petitioning our governing bodies for the better educational standards such autonomy will demand. The first step along this particular path will without question be education.

Ed

• Like 1

Start a debate on bringing back public masturbation.....?

(Oh, I'm for it, by the way)

WM

One of my favorite lines ever, which I believe is much more insightful than the comedian intended....(Can't remember his name or I'd give him credit.)

"Sure, nowadays everyone says that masturbation is normal, masturbation is healthy, but then you do it in front of them...." (there was no need for him to finish the sentence as the mental image was devastating.)

(Heh, this thread has certainly taken an unpredictable turn, hasn't it?)

Dwayne

It makes no sense to me that it's legal to smoke in public, yet illegal to masturbate in public. What's up with that?

Not that I'd do it myself. :whistle:

Probably see people doing that sort of thing in oh I don't know .... Los Angeles perhaps? biggrin.gif

I just can't stop laughing.......thumbsup.gif

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.