Book report help read for more info :)

Mario1105

I think that I'm in psychosomatic shock due to he fact that you continue to choose to present your ideas like an addled 6 year old yet some were still kind enough to due your homework for you despite that fact...

I guess you are right man, being purposely stupid isn't really a handicap most times.

Dwayne

I think that I'm in psychosomatic shock due to he fact that you continue to choose to present your ideas like an addled 6 year old yet some were still kind enough to due your homework for you despite that fact...

I guess you are right man, being purposely stupid isn't really a handicap most times.

Dwayne

I think this dude's instructor is a freaking douche; there are no "specific" vital signs that you can list woithout actually conducting a patient examination e.g. "hypoptension" is not a "specific" vital sign, it is a generalised one; a blood pressure of 90/50 is specific but not all shocked patients are going to have that now are they? Angioedema in anphylaxis is a specific "symptom" but it is not a "vital sign". That question could be worded a lot better.

As for psychogenic and respiratory shock, say it once and again, they don't exist. Maybe they were taught back in the day of glass IV bottles, dudes in afro's with lots of gold chains and bling who rolled up in a Caddy and prophylactic lignocaine (there's a big wordy word for 5.43am)

The DOT/NHTSA said the biggest problem with EMS students (and presumably instructors as they are often little more educated than what is required to get a cert) is lack of ability with the English language!. I'd believe it, I always have and probably always will until proven wrong.

listen i was coming here for resources figuring you guys had enough resources seeing you all been in the sling for years wasn't coming to be ridiculed no this isn't something hes teaching as a main topic that's why its extra credit these things use to exist. that's why its EXTRA for us in case our grades are low in the end then we have a few points to pick our selfs up alll i was asking for was resources not people to do it for me the freaking thing is already almost done just needed help with two of them. so what ever thanks for the time.

Extra credit or regular assignment, there's more to be gained by going through the process of finding the material for yourself. Resources for starting off were provided (WebMD, EMedicine, Robbins and Coltran), but we aren't going to research and write your assignment for you. If anything, this project would teach you about finding out information in the future in case you want to dive deeper into your patient's illness(es) and associated signs and symptoms.

Similarly, what do you think Lt. Blais of the Providence Fire Department would say/do if someone here sent him a link to this thread?

edit: ...and if you think we're mean, plenty of other websites that caters to health care students/professionals will quickly lock these types of threads.

Example: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=698787

Edited by JPINFV

Hi Mario,

I'm not bagging on you, but I must say looking at the assignment sheet you posted that this:

>>EMT Basic program (Extra Credit . . . . . 8 Points Total (Towards your final exam grade)<<

IS A GIFT !!!

At my course we had to get at least 80% on all the quizzes, and then an 80% on the final exam and then, and only then, could we add any extra credit assignments we may have done in order to raise our final grade. In other words we couldn't use extra credit to pass the course.

:)

Oh yeah, good old SDN. I went to that site after hearing near endless amounts of smack talk about the anti nursing agenda of SDN at Allnurses. I actually enjoy looking through the threads and dropping a comment every so often on the clinicians forums. Turns out it not as bad as I was initially led to believe.

Off topic, sorry.

Take care,

chbare.

Similarly, what do you think Lt. Blais of the Providence Fire Department would say/do if someone here sent him a link to this thread?

I think somebody should just do that!

...the...thing is already almost done just needed help with two of them...

Might they be respiratory and metabolic shock by some chance?

I'm not being sargasmic here but seriously it wouldn't suprise me because they do not exist.

Ask your instructor if for "metabolic" he is referring to hypoxemia caused by metabolic alkalosis and acidosis causing a shift in the oxyhaemaglobin dissassociation curve? This is also called the Bohr effect. If he gives you a glazed over look then that's your problem. Perhaps he is thinking of shock as hypoxia rather than hypoperfusion. If we do that then technically you can have "anemic shock" too!

Not dissing you bro but the information you are given doesn't make a lot of sense and is poorly presented; which is a reflection I believe on your instructor and part of the problem of ambo's teaching ambo's. Would be nice to know if he has any formal adult education qualifications or perhaps a Masters in Prehospital Medicine like they do here or if he's just another ambo teaching ambo's.

I can't find any ambo I know at ANY practice level who knows what "metabolic" or "respiratory" shock is and leads us to believe that your instructor lacks the pathophysiological knowledge of the shock process (confusing hypoxia over hypoperfusion) or is still teaching material from the seventies.

To ask for "specific" vital signs that you may observe it also, in my view, a bit weird. As I said before the only way you will get a "specific" vital sign is to measure it, on that patient, at the time. Anything else is not "specific" and is generalised. A septic patient will be febrile, but we cannot say to what degree "specifically" because we have not measured his temperature, somebody with anaphylaxis will have hives or a rash however that is a specific symptom not a vital sign.

I will be quite interested in seeing what your instructor has to say.

• Like 1