Revamping employee evaluations

DwayneEMTP

Hey all,

I asked for and received permission to revamp our employee review process. At this time the District Manager evaluates each employee based on gross reports, (Good or bad reports from third parties) as it's the only data that's really available to him.

I made the argument that in Bagram Afghanistan we rarely had any management oversight. Management was available but by far the daily operations were run in what I believe was a very competent, professional manner that those that didn't want to work, do good medicine, or simply just wanted to 'hang out' found difficult to impossible to tolerate, thus causing them to 'move on'. There was no hazing to speak of, simply a group of professionals dedicated to doing the very best medicine that they could every day. Those with like goals did well, those without simply by the 'vibe' of the environment, didn't. I'm committed to figuring out why this type of behavior can't be recreated and reinforced stateside.

I'm trying to design an employee review process involves all critical input coming from fellow employees and wonder if anyone has resources to aid in this endeavor. I'm convinced that an employee run review process is the first step to recreating the same 'vibe' and environment that made an amazingly educational/cooperation environment for more progressive medics as well as a less enviting one for the 'hangers on.' See what I mean?

No offense, but quips concerning whether or not this will work will have very limited value. What I need is a direction to resources to help me design it.

Thanks for any help you may provide.

Have a great day all..

Dwayne

Edited to add text in italics.

Edited by DwayneEMTP

You couldn't have picked an easier project, could you....

When I was still in banking, we did something similar with our staff, and it was quite successful. I think I have some of my old reports still, but it will take me a little time to dig through my files and find them (and I won't have time for a little while).

If you wish, send me a pm with an email contact, and when things settle down here, I will find the files I have and send them to you.

Annie

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.