Need some advice

CNMs was ok. But from what I've been told all the programs are not what they used to be. And the system of EMS in ABQ doesn't lend itself well to interns.

I'm ok with going through school again... But I'm hoping to find a nursing school with no waitlist...

Yeah, I did my Intermediate in Abq and have some experience with Abq fire.

You will be hard pressed to find a nursing program without a wait list. One thing I see, is a trend for students to look at allied health programmes. Just a consideration.

Take care,

chbare.

Yeah, I did my Intermediate in Abq and have some experience with Abq fire.

You will be hard pressed to find a nursing program without a wait list. One thing I see, is a trend for students to look at allied health programmes. Just a consideration.

Take care,

chbare.

My condolences on having to deal with AFD. Some are ok, but others... What do you mean that more are looking at Allied Health? I'm assuming that means the EMS and RRT programs will be pretty packed as well?

Edited by JTpaintball70

The only nursing school you will find without a waitlist in CO, especially in the Denver area, is Denver School of Nursing which is a private school that is horrifically expensive and still ends up with small (3-6 month) waitlists. http://www.denverschoolofnursing.org/FAQs.php Be prepared for a 2 year wait-list unless you have a previous bachelor's degree and want to apply to a second degree accelerated program through Regis or CU.

As far as your EMT certification, you will to my knowledge be issued an EMT-B certificate here in CO, and much of your course-work from out of state will probably not transfer, at least to CCD or CCA (two of the main community colleges in the Denver area that offer EMT-P.) You can, however, take EKG and IV courses here as a Basic and do basic 3-lead interpretation and IV starts.

Good luck to you on the move! PM me if you want some more specific info about Colorado or Denver, as I grew up there and have spent most of my life in CO.

Wendy

CO EMT-B

• Like 1

Eydawn is right... I'm at Regis now and even their accelerated program has a little bit of a wait and it's difficult to get into, your grades have to be super good. I have a friend who is looking at UNC nursing because she didn't get into the last two years at Regis (her GPA was really close to a 3.0) but was told even though she has the pre-requisites, she would have to be on a wait list for a few years.

As far as paramedic programs, I know a lot less about these, but do know some of the big hospitals offer the P program and pump out medics pretty fast...might be worth looking into since you already have some background education and not just a brand new EMT.

Good luck!!

THanks guys. I'll give a few colleges a call on Tuesday and see what they say. And I was looking over the application paperwork.... Looks like I'll apply as an Intermediate and see what happens. I'm hoping even if I'm a basic I'll get the IV cert at least. And Dawn, I might take you up on that. Neither me or the person I'm gonna be rooming with know too much about the area. Both of us are getting out of ABQ because we're ready for a change and a fresh start.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.