Let's play swap the location...

You guys can come work with me anyday:

Wanted : Healthcare providers to act as decoys for local EMS personnel. Must be rather large to assist in adequate cover to both partners. Pay and benefits suck, but you'll get the satisfaction of knowing that if you are the chosen target, that at least the locals can aim well and you will be well medicated in your passage as hospitals are a luxury not a neccessity in outlying areas. All types of medics welcome, but ones with a shallow gene pool preferred to assist in reduction of holler rats. Gun toting permitted and encouraged. E-mail at don'tshootmegrandpa@saveme.com for application, interview and target practice.

• Like 1

And vice versa. I'd love watching you try to find, "The Hoskins place out on 51 past the creek and where the old dairy used to be".

I get a kick out of you city slickers who think we don't have guns outside of the city. Boy are you in for a surprise if you pull your ambulance into the wrong driveway when you can't find the above address.

Man I work in an urban system, in a very ghetto area. Lots of violent trauma etc. I admire you rural guys with much longer transports. A lot more time to help (hurt) a patient! I'd love to work a rural area some time in my career for a short stint. I don't doubt there are guns and violent traumas in the sticks.

-City Slicker!

You guys can come work with me anyday:

Wanted : Healthcare providers to act as decoys for local EMS personnel. Must be rather large to assist in adequate cover to both partners. Pay and benefits suck, but you'll get the satisfaction of knowing that if you are the chosen target, that at least the locals can aim well and you will be well medicated in your passage as hospitals are a luxury not a neccessity in outlying areas. All types of medics welcome, but ones with a shallow gene pool preferred to assist in reduction of holler rats. Gun toting permitted and encouraged. E-mail at don'tshootmegrandpa@saveme.com for application, interview and target practice.

LMAO

How about getting some prisoners to do this on a work release program? If they keep a provider safe for 3 months, you knock off time on their sentences.

Whatcha think??

How about getting some prisoners to do this on a work release program? Whatcha think??

Then the friends of the prisoners arrive and hurt the EMSers, as they "free" the prisoners.

Or have I been watching too much television? (Yes, I have.)

LMAO

How about getting some prisoners to do this on a work release program? If they keep a provider safe for 3 months, you knock off time on their sentences.

Whatcha think??

Or bet yet how about we get the prison EMS system to just take those runs? We actually do have a prison that has their own EMS service (basic only - you really think they'd give them drugs to get high legally? I think not !). And yep, they have to wear the orange jump suits. Sounds like a plan to me ! :thumbsup:

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.