Florida Paramedic pay

paraloco

I just got back to Texas from a family trip to Walt Disney World. Out of curiosity, I looked into who provides EMS there. I saw that Reedy Creek uses FF/Paramedics on their ambulances, and 40-hour paramedics who respond in the parks on golf carts. (They call them MARC units). So I am curious how that works out. How much do they pay their 40 hour guys? Are they the red-headed stepchildren, just waiting for an opportunity to get on the med unit? Do they get enough OT to lived on? Would it be a good retirement job, or is it better for a youngster? I looked at job descriptions for workers in the theme parks. Most were between $8 and $10 per hour.

I have looked into these jobs in the past. If I remember correctly, they get free admission to the parks in addition to the job. Not worth the low pay as far as I'm concerned, but if they paid more it might be a fun job?

I just got back to Texas from a family trip to Walt Disney World. Out of curiosity, I looked into who provides EMS there. I saw that Reedy Creek uses FF/Paramedics on their ambulances, and 40-hour paramedics who respond in the parks on golf carts. (They call them MARC units). So I am curious how that works out. How much do they pay their 40 hour guys? Are they the red-headed stepchildren, just waiting for an opportunity to get on the med unit? Do they get enough OT to lived on? Would it be a good retirement job, or is it better for a youngster? I looked at job descriptions for workers in the theme parks. Most were between $8 and $10 per hour.

14-15 per hour...not enough to live on especially if you have family.

Most work this job as a second part time gig mostly for the low stress and park benefits or while attending fire standards waiting on their chance to get on the FD.

Overtime is not in Reedy Creek's (Disney's) dictionary...