Mostly here to watch and learn

Lisa O

1) Welcome

2) If you run into a bum on Fisherman's Wharf who claims to be an ex Firefighter/Paramedic, he is Tim, great guy.

3) If you are called to an unshaven male who has been living at the airport for several days and is now seizing, that's me. Be liberal with the ~az~am's, heck, midazolam, diazepam, lorazapem, I don't mind!

4) Education is important. Get some college A&P, pharmo, English and pato under your belt!

5) Again, welcome.

Ben

Thank you! LOL If you have a strong accent I wont mind giving you anything you want, medically speaking whistle.gif

Couldn't agree more...I didn't go through my medic yet without credit but I have my basic and intermediate all with no credit hours. I'd be that much farther ahead for the same work had I been smarter. I think its excellent to have other options left open. Even if you end up head over heels for ems, it's hard on your body, and a tough profession to make real money in. GET CREDIT where credit is due.

I tried to call CCSF yesterday, but I am going to assume that they are out for the holiday. The spring 2010 classes are all CLOSED!! Yikes. But in a way, I am glad, I wanted to wait till summer. However, I am afraid if I dont pay for my classes NOW, I will get shut out of the fall classes..lol So now, I am on a slight OMG mode and trying to get my name out, and possibly some early info so I can make sure I dont miss out. Its months away, I know. But, I am a planner. I like to plan, plan again, plan for it to not happen, and plan again... lol

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.