pepp course

tamaith

Hey there,

The BLS version of PEPP and the ALS version really aren't that different. It's same material covered in class, just two different tests at the end and two different cards. But the material is the exact same. Alot of classes won't give the books out in advance, but rather the day of class as most do it as a two day class. THey'll go over the major points day one, tell you to study that night, do skills day two and the written test. Biggest thing to know is Peds assessment triangle - probably the one thing that they will just grill in your head over and over. As well as know your CPR rates for newborn/infant/child. The rest will be just adding to what you already know from your basic book. Good class though to take. Have fun !

thank you. ours is done in one day. i believe its 8hrs long. i talked to someone from the rescue squad who is hosting the course and said 15 ppl from their station are attending and got their textbook last wk ( which is when i was supposed to) i will study those key points you mentioned thanks.

I took PEPP, it was 8hrs, focused more indepth on pedi medical and trauma assessment. The book is about the same size as the BTLS book was. In fact, I have one. When's your class?

Looks like this, from 2000, condition wise, it was never used. It's the version that Bucks Public Safety used. I had an extra because a family member signed up, but attended a different course.

001pep.jpg

Edited by 4c6

class is tomorrow . i just studied the p.a.t. watch some vids on cpr. and assessment and took 3 con ed courses online dealing with peds ( each about 25-30 min) . i just getting flustered / nervous cause i never deal with peds since i do transport. but i figure pass or worse case i fail. i coming out with more knowledge than i went in with.

relax you'll do fine ! The class isn't really that hard. Like I said before, it's just elaborates a little more on what you already know. Sit back, take good notes and they'll tell you the heads up stuff. Have fun !

has anyone taking a bls pepp course? i am taking it soon, and never received my textbook for the class. i notified the instructor but never got back to me. any suggestions ? i plan to just go over the peds section in my emt b book.

If you can't get the book that it sounds like you should have gotten, try ebay perhaps? PEPP was taught to us when I took my EMT about 3.5 years ago, so this book would be seriously outdated if I sent it to you. I recall the pediatric assessment triangle being a big thing, know how to recognize abnormalities and react with appropriate treatment. Assessments are toe to head on the littles ... dunno if this helps at all. I never actually read the PEPP text, pretty simple stuff ...

well class went good. the instructor lent me a book during class but had to give it back. so now i have to contact someone else about getting a book i can keep since i paid. it was case study after case study. and p.a.t. used in every study. the instructor said the main thing between pepp and pals is pepp you assess and pals is more, if you see THIS than do THAT. at the end of the day we took our test everyone passed. one thing that wasn't clear is that once you pass do you get a card? or just the con ed credits?. i was the only one who did transport. so the instructor would say when im sure you've been on calls where ... in my head i was thinking nope. great class and i think it was also a motivator to get out of transporting or at least do some vol.

Thanks for all the advice.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.