Common Calls on Halloween

Tmurphy

Hey everyone,

I was just curious what you all think the most common calls for EMS are on Halloween? Do you have a particular call that you remember on this day?

Most are the common calls with increase in the ETOHers. Most oddity is the intoxicated male who was bobbing for apples and almost drowned himself. Friend saved him from the water, but caused a stay in ICU for aspiration.

The most common "Call" I hear on Halloween is the traditional call of

Trick or treat

Smell my feet

Give me something

Good to eat!

(Yeah, I'm taking the word "Call" literally, LOL)

Actually, I WAS the call one Halloween.

I was walking my dog, and was passed by a bunch of teens, when something hit me in the back of the head. I looked back, and found it was an egg that had not broken on hitting me.

I turned around, started saying something to the effect of "WTF', when another egg hit me in the face, breaking on me, cutting my face, and I ended up having to go to a local ER to have a piece of eggshell removed from my eyeball!

As I knew my assailants, the cops went after them, on my complaint of "Assault 3 with a hen's egg". Yes, that is what the police report actually read!

My Halloween night consisted of:

- 85y/o F new onset symptomatic A-fib

- 29y/o F attempted suicide (8y/o daughter in next room; she was all melodramatic and self-righteous with the cops. Closest I've come to considering violence against a pt.)

- 8y/o F febrile, N/V, general weakness; parents worried it was an immunization reaction.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.