Bad Driving May Have Genetic BasisSt

SA_Medic

Why can't you accept that there may be genetic factors that influence how we drive? Just as well, your examples should also include that maybe, just maybe, bad driving may arise from neurological dysfunction caused by genetics. Just sayin'.

If my insurance rates rise because I have the issue, I'd consider suing my parents... :devilish:

So Mat, whats next, do we start to search for the recessive hero gene that firmen need? Or the one they are missing for intelligence?

But seriously, do we start to screen these people & refuse them permission to drive based on there genetics?

Imagine if we did that to women, the roads would be safer, but we would never hear the end of it.

LOL! I was just fixin to post that! :thumbsup:

And let's not forget the ethnicity connexion!

Wouldn't the ethnicity connection support the premise that there is a genetic component to bad driving? ;) More study with a larger sample size may be in order! :P

So Mat, whats next, do we start to search for the recessive hero gene that firmen need? Or the one they are missing for intelligence?

But seriously, do we start to screen these people & refuse them permission to drive based on there genetics?

Imagine if we did that to women, the roads would be safer, but we would never hear the end of it.

That was quite funny. I doubt the hero gene would be recessive, but rather Dominant. But then again, maybe recessive, ya know, follower mentality and all...

To your question about screening drivers, I do not have an answer. It sure sounds like it would create a good ethical debate. You might be right and the whole 'driving gene' may be bogus. I'll wait and hear what the science says before a knee jerk reaction as to the validity of the claim.

If we banned women from driving, does that mean they stay home more? :devilish:

If we banned women from driving, does that mean they stay home more? :devilish:

Who let them out?

That was quite funny. I doubt the hero gene would be recessive, but rather Dominant. But then again, maybe recessive, ya know, follower mentality and all...

Lets face it, they are a throwback, maybe we should send some to science to prove we found the missing link

Edited by aussiephil

I was worried about being offensive with a veiled sexist remark, but you guys have blown me out of the water.

Thanks for taking the heat off me! :thumbsup:

Our replies were tame compared to some stuff posted on this site.