Sciatica Relief?

Jeepluv77

Anyone who believes that taking a vitamin can cure appendicitis instead of taking their kid to the hospital is nutso in my book.

Must be the same crowd that tells any and all to take an enema, and pray, to cure all, that always give nonrequested "advice" to my girlfriend.

• Like 1

I was in love with Prednisone, I didn't have any bad side effects. Took up to SIXTEEN of them a day, four pills, four doses. Some days, I'd forget I had problems at all. This was in addition to doing therapy with a traction machine. Held my whole body, it was almost as good as the spinal injections. However.. Out of the blue, I had taken two doses that day, took my third. I got real pale, diaphoretic and I fainted. I'd never experienced anything like that before, went to the ER, head to toe, inside and out, nothing wrong with me. Had to be the steroid. After that, at least once a day, I'd have profound hypotension with in half an hour of taking the dose. So, for obvious reasons I had to wean myself off and stop taking it. However it was like miracle, night and day, pain relief, improved movement, etc. I'd love to try it again, at a lower dose, maybe less frequently per day.

I know some people swear by chiropractors, so like some here, I can't argue with success. If it works for someone, far be it from me to discount what works for them. Me, I don't think I'll be visiting one anytime soon- too chicken.

Thanks for all the suggestions. I have forwarded them on and she is really looking into seeing a chiropractor. I've been trying to explain acupressure too. I use it a lot for arthritis in my back(left aspect of T12 and L1) which causes occasional bouts of sciatica. It is still mild and doesn't usually cause problems but on long road trips i generally have to tuck a small soda bottle behind my back to keep my back from spasming. As far as acupuncture, she's keeping it in mind as a last resort before surgery but you aren't going to catch me volunteering for a ton of needles being jabbed in me. Motrin and soda bottles work just fine.

P.S.- Kate, I was shocked to read you have EDS. I have a clinical diagnosis of Marfan's and it's always interesting to meet someone that knows what it's like living with a connective tissue disorder. Thank you for sharing that bit of personal info.

P.S.- Kate, I was shocked to read you have EDS. I have a clinical diagnosis of Marfan's and it's always interesting to meet someone that knows what it's like living with a connective tissue disorder. Thank you for sharing that bit of personal info.

It is nice finding "others" haha... I recently found a facebook group for EDS and it has been amazing to talk to others who go through the same daily pain and frustrations! Good luck with the sciatica and I really hope everything works out!